What a lovely festival! Lots of good music, lots of catching up with friends (some of whom we only see once a year, at this festival), interesting food to try - Ghanian chicken and spinach stew, for instance. Yum. Not many photos taken as it's difficult to photograph a stage performance when you are a short person and everyone sitting in front of you is taller, and the stage lights make it difficult to get a good shot. But I did get some shots of an outdoor belly dance display, and some morris dancing too....now that looks like hard work. Even the heavy rainstorms on two consecutive nights didn't dampen our spirits, although we felt sorry for those who were camping in tents. My voice gave out at about 1.30am on Tuesday morning, which was a pity as I was singing at the time.
Every year I have attended this festival (about 14 years now) I have bought myself a souvenir, usually earrings or something similar, but this year I bought a blue hat, and a multi-coloured silk scrunchy for my hair. Spending hours outside in the sun was all very well when I was young and silly; these days I wear a hat and seek shade.
And Kevin is well although he will be visiting the doctor for a while yet to adjust his medication dosage, so all is good in our world.
Jennifer
Glad you enjoyed yourself. Hugsxx
ReplyDelete