Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Paying a little forward

This is the first of my "Pay It Forward" gifts finished - it was delivered in person to Sayward (whose nom de computer is Kiera-Oona) in Toronto recently. The kitty's eyes were embroidered with glow-in-the-dark thread and the purple border print has tiny gold stars. Sayward likes purple and all things Halloween, and I think she likes her little quilt. I started working on another Pay It Forward gift before we went to Canada, unfortunately it as come to a halt due to my current inability to sew but never fear, it will be finished when I can get back to it.

When I signed up for "Pay It Forward" I undertook to make gifts for three people, but only two joined.....never mind, there are probably so many of these friendship swaps out in blogland that people are swamped. But I am willing to make another, should a third person join.

Pics of our Canadian holiday have been uploaded to our computer and will start appearing on my blog before too long. And of course more wombats too, even though I can't use a camera at present I'm sure Kevin will be able to help me. He's a good bloke.

And when typing isn't so painfully slow the etiquette quotes will also reappear. There have been many positive comments on them!

Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. That is an adorable wall hanging. I didn't know you could get glow in the dark emb. thread - will have to check that out. Did you use a pattern or did you make it up?? Would love to know what the pattern is if you used one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still trying to figure out who would sell something like the glow in the dark thread up here

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I just can't even imagine that there would be such a thing...I'm sure that it will be out there somewhere...
    I think your wall hanging is very cute. I do look forward to the wombats, your blog isn't your blog without them...get that cast off soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I looked at your quilt while we were all sitting in the car, I noticed your witch was familiar but it didn't dawn on me until Sayward posted it on her blog .... you did Sun Bonnet Sue!

    DH and I will be going over to Scarborough Bluffs for a photo shoot next week of my siggy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your PIF is lovely!
    So good to see you posting again.x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!