Here are pics of the bag I made for my musical friend Liz, she of the beautiful voice....there is even a fabric with musical notes somewhere.
The bag in the pattern illustration was more subdued and 'country' but I thought I would try something different.
I used the same pattern to make this bag.We are catching up with the sleep we missed while at the folk festival, for the first time in 15 years of attending we had slightly inconsiderate camping neighbours so we had disturbed nights. I even managed to stay up till nearly 3am on the last night, we were having such a great time in the singing room that it seemed a shame to finish. It's difficult to say what were the highlights, as there were so many wonderful performers. I even joined in a couple of ukulele workshops and picked up a few ideas. What a shame it's a whole year until the next time!
Had a funny happening when I was working in the office while the festival was being set up. One of my duties was signing out keys to various buildings and vehicles, and as they were signed out I entered the time on a record sheet. On the second day of working I signed out a key and looked at my watch (which I had forgotten to wear the previous day) which said 9.15. Clock on wall said 12.15, I had started my shift at noon. Took me a few minutes to realise that the last time I had worn that watch was in Canada, the day I fell and broke my arm in Toronto; I had to take it off in hospital as my arm was swelling very quickly and painfully, and of course it was still set to Toronto time.
The countdown is now on for the big move, while we were away the people working behind the scenes brought the final date forward by two days. Now two days may not seem like much, but when you haven't yet packed anything.......however this afternoon I have packed my beading supplies, so that's a start. I get the heeby-jeebies just thinking about packing up my sewing stuff, but no doubt when I start it will become easier. A few weeks ago I cut out three projects but am determined not to start them until we have moved and unpacked. Two are table runners, and I am looking forward to seeing them on the table in our new house. Sewing can be my therapy when the unpacking all gets to be too much, as no doubt it will.
Over the next few weeks there will be some farewell lunches with friends, and also my last night at choir and at my folk club. Have to say, I won't miss Sydney but I will miss some of the people. Three weeks from today I will be leaving Sydney, and Kevin will follow a few days after. While we have enjoyed living in this house and bringing up our sons here - we don't really mind leaving.
"It shows a want of courtesy to consult your watch, either at home or abroad. If at home, it appears as though you were tired of your company and wished them to be gone. If abroad, it appears as though the hours dragged heavily, and you were calculating how soon you would be released."
Autumn has finally arrived here so we are enjoying the cooler weather - it's wonderful for knitting again, and for sewing - and probably for packing -
Jennifer
What a wonderful fun bag!!
ReplyDeleteOh, the bag for your friend turned out amazing. It is so pretty.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so excited about your move - I just know it is going to be awesome...
Good luck with the packing...I can't even imagine packing our 32 years of living in this house!
ReplyDeleteLove, love the bag!
Your bag is simply stunning Jennifer!
ReplyDeleteI am very fortunate to be the recipient of the beautiful bag made for me by the extremely talented Jennifer. It is full of luscious purple wool which nestles cosily into its gorgeous purple abode and sits beside me as I knit away, stopping periodically to trace a finger over pretty flowers that sit happily atop an array of ever interesting black and white checked patterns, each one significant and delightful. It is indeed a treasured gift, thank you Jennifer - from your appreciative friend Liz.
ReplyDeleteLove the bag and the flowers on it! Three weeks and you will be in your new home .... what an exciting time coming.
ReplyDeleteThe bag is awesome!
ReplyDeleteyour bags are so beautiful, Jennifer !!!
ReplyDeleteI like the flowers on it
Rena