Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Last WOW from Sydney

One of my fluffy wombats, this one looks as though he/she is wearing a leotard! For some reason the makers of this little feller decided that it had to have a white tummy. I don't think a wombat in the wild would have a white tummy.
This beautiful jewellery was made especially for me by my lovely friend Liz, aren't I so lucky? A lovely pearl necklace and matching earrings in bright emerald green (have I mentioned that I really really like green......) and another necklace in deep blue-green pearls with two sets of matching earrings in different designs, so that I can have a choice. I was surprised when Liz presented me with them the other night.....so surprised, that I don't think I thanked her enough. So Liz, thank you so much, I am overwhelmed by your generosity and I count myself blessed to have you as a friend.

Friday night was sort of sad, as it was my last night at the folk club. I have been going along for about eight years now and of all my activities in Sydney I will miss this the most. I won't miss the traffic, or the ratbags who live hereabouts, or many other things about Sydney, but I will miss the people and the music at the club. I was given a potted gardenia which smells heavenly (and which I am sure will enjoy living on the patio at our new house) and a voucher for a craft/fabric shop which will be put to very good use!

Two more farewell lunches this week, then off to Tamworth on Saturday. We will take our caravan up and Kevin will return to Sydney the following day, leaving me there. He will be here for when the cats are collected (because they are boarding for a few days then flying up, what a treat that will be for them) and for when the packers do their work. This house will then be emptied on Thursday and Kevin will come back to Tamworth, all ready to move into the new house the following day. The purchaser of this house was adamant that she wanted settlement on a Friday and that no other day would do. She has been less than helpful during this process, and we have tried to be nice throughout.....but we have run out of nice, so much so that we have cancelled the cleaning service that was to have been done after we moved out of this house. It won't be filthy because we don't live in filth, but she will just have to put up with it as it will be when we leave it.

Then after we move in and all is unpacked I plan to sit in a comfortable chair on a corner, and have myself a little quiet nervous breakdown. I have worked for it, and I deserve it, and no one is going to deprive me of it. Moving house is stressful, and I shall give in to the stress for five minutes. Then I shall get up and continue with my life.

"Less Formal Invitations.
Invitations of a less formal character are sent for charades, private theatricals, and for archery, croquet, sailing and garden parties; but, however formal the invitation (except only when a visiting card is used), on no account neglect to give immediate attention to it, by sending a reply, for any want of courtesy in this respect is unpardonable."

Just remember that advice next time you receive an invitation to a garden party.

Jennifer

8 comments:

  1. I love your fluffy little Monday WOW. So hard to believe he's the last one from Sydney - time has flown by. No wonder you need to have a mini-nervous breakdown - so much to do, so little time to get it all done and a buyer who only thinks of herself. Take good care and happy moving day. By the way, your new jewelry is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels, Jennifer...and, yes, you deserve a few minutes of personal breakdown time...wallow in it, dear heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little wombat1 Sometimes the manufacturers of those little things seem to think they need to add to their cuteness -- and things like a white tummy happen.
    I don't think that the purchaser could expect you to have a professional cleaning firm in -- especially after the hoops she has tried to make you jump through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was there to give you a hand and shoulder to cry on .... there, there, have your cry and then go make a nice cup of tea, the Lord knows both of you deserve a break in your new home.

    Enjoy your lunches this week and I look forward to hearing about your new life in Tamworth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so happy to hear that someone else in the world puts a time limit on nervous breakdowns - i think that i am allowed more of them if i keep them short and to the point ... you are gonna LOVE your new home and i am so very happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go safely, Jennifer, and I look forward to reading all about your new life in Tamworth (after the momentary, indulgent, and well-deserved breakdown!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you wallow in your nervous breakdown...I know just how you feel.
    I do send love & good wishes for you move, & am sure you will be very happy in your new location, leaving behind the Sydney Scene. We have never regretted our move away from the 'big smoke'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so darn frustrated with this woman and I'm glad you canceled the cleaning service. That was kind of you but gosh! She just pushed a little too much.

    Liz is such a genuinely wonderful friend, Jennifer. I definitely don't need to tell you how blessed you are but I say that in kindness and respect. I sure do luv her for you.

    Ratbags. Now there's a word I've never heard used and I like it! How funny. Enjoy that gardenia. They remind me of grandma so much so that I have a nice bush in my yard. They smell lovely and have a smooth almost decadent feel to the petals.

    Please invite us to your nervous breakdown. You wont be the only one in need. Together makes it better, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!