Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Very little WOW

This ceramic wombat is even smaller than last week's weeny wombat! The little card was sent by a friend who knows about my wombat weakness.

It's been quite a busy week, a farewell lunch with friends yesterday and my last choir practice tonight, there was a goodbye party with singing and yummy food. We have a gig on Thursday evening so that will be the last time singing with them. I'll have to find a choir in my new town, won't I? Also had my last appointment with my hairdresser, I had gone to her for just on ten years. There are more and more "last" and "final" now.

At the weekend I finished a bag for our older son's girlfriend and gave it to her, I will put pics up when I download them from the computer. I used blue, beige and gold fabrics with a teeny touch of green - I think she likes it.

Today we went to the local camping and recreation show to look for a couple of new chairs for when we go away in our caravan, one of the chairs that we have had for many years came to a sad end on our recent trip to Canberra. Next time we are staying in the van we will have two comfortable new chairs to sit outside and enjoy the scenery. And I will own up to a slight indulgence......one of the shops was selling goods from South America and I fell in love with a beautiful peacock-coloured alpaca wrap with attached neck scarf. I don't have a winter coat because Sydney in the winter isn't cold enough to need one (unless you are out very early or very late) but Tamworth winters will be a different story. It won't snow but it may get fairly cold by Australian standards, so my lovely new wrap will keep me warm.

And today we heard that the purchaser of this house doesn't want the final settlement to be mid-week, she wants it to happen on a Friday so she can move straight in over the weekend because - get this - she doesn't want the house left empty for two or three days. What about all the times we have gone on holidays and left it? It's always been here when we come back. We want a mid-week settlement because we are moving several hours away, and a Friday settlement would mean, among other difficulties, paying our removalists overtime to work on a weekend or finding somewhere to live until the following Monday. Our legal person is in discussion with her legal person so we will see what they can sort out between them. We have already made a few concessions for her so we reckon she can make this one for us. I will be glad when it's all sorted out and we are in the new house, hopefully just two weeks away now.

"Expressing unfavorable opinions.
You should be exceedingly cautious about expressing an unfavorable opinion relative to a young lady to a young man who appears to be attracted by, and attentive to her. If they should marry, the remembrance of your observations will not be pleasurable to yourself nor the married parties."

Now it is late, and I am tired, so I shall go to bed. Have a wonderful week!

Jennifer

7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love this weeks ceramic teenie wombat? Gosh I do. I'm starting to feel that your not the only one that has a weakness for wombats and I don't even have ONE!

    Jennifer you have got to be kidding on this moving thing? You know, when I was out west staying with family I was sharing this entire story (from broken bone to move) with my family since it's so amazing to have to deal with it ALL AT ONCE. This is just the icing on the cake!

    ...I think. Yeah. I think. I almost want to take that back because anything can happen. No cherries on top thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you WILL have to find a choir in your new town! and they will be LUCKY to have you join their ranks ... moving is so traumatic for everyone - even when things go the way they are planned - the last time i moved, the young couple who bought the old (which was actually 20 years newer than this one) house insisted on taking possession 7 days before christmas - that is probably my 2nd least favorite christmas memory ... but it will all be over soon and you can get on with life, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is marching on so quickly ......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well tell her you will be leaving a wombat to guard the house...oh dear she doesn't sound too sane at the moment!
    Must be the move.
    Lots of goodbyes and all coming at you must be hard to deal with, especially the hairdresser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, I've been so bad about replying on my favorite blogs lately - so sorry. Your WoW is adorable. Sounds like your new camping chairs will be very nice to have. How is the move coming - did you get the buyer of your house to back down and be reasonable yet? take care and big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tiny wombat is adorable!!
    Oh, I do hope the purchaser is a bit more reasonable about the closing date and you can move when you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have had so many moves over the years, and have probably had most of the frustations that can occur. OUr worst was when the house we were buying had a fire in the kitchen! It certainly delayed our moving in, but it meant we got new almost everything, so it was a blessing in disguise.
    Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!