Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Beer Garden WOW

This is a very large wombat! Our son bought it for a house warming gift at the weekend and decided where it would go, it is so heavy that it won't be moved in a hurry. I don't think you can really see the size in the pic, but take it from me.......it's not small. Looks like a puddle of melted chocolate (or something else not quite as nice.....but we won't go there, will we?) So it is sleeping while guarding the potted gardenia.
Have started quilting the table runner I wrote about in my last post, straight lines in the pieced section and some free-motion work in the pink setting triangles along the sides. The thread is a red and white variegated Auriful polyester, and the backing fabric (folded over in the top right corner) compliments the other fabrics very well. I have been a little neglectful of my sewing machines lately and that needs to be corrected, doesn't it?

We had a lovely long weekend with our son and his girlfriend visiting, we showed them our new little piece of paradise, and we chatted, and we ate. And we ate. They brought up a lovely passionfruit and coconut cake, and I had made a chocolate hedgehog slice (not made with real hedgehogs but with broken biscuits, or cookies as my American friends know them), and we ate beef in dark beer stew, and pasta with ocean trout. We certainly didn't go hungry. Even the horses came to visit over the back fence.

Don't know about the rest of you but I am already fed up with all the coverage given to the soccer carnival and there are a few more weeks to go.......I am trying to ignore it as best as possible, neither of us are soccer fanatics, I'm certainly not as you can tell.......I believe Australia lost its first game but you know what, I really don't care. Many sports people are way overpaid for doing not much, the money some of them receive is quite obscene in my humble (but honest) opinion just for wearing someone's logo on their shirt or shoes.

We feel very settled in this house, it is difficult to bring to mind the last house even though we lived there for 23 years and we have only lived here for six weeks, isn't that funny? We never tire of looking at the view either from the house or other places around town and I sometimes wonder how I lived in the city for so long. But I did, and it was the right decision at the time and for quite a long time afterwards.

What do you think of the new blog look? I'm not wonderfully computer savvy but I can cut and paste.

"You are at liberty to refuse a dish that you do not wish to eat. If any course is set down before you that you do not wish, do not touch it. Never play with food, nor mince your bread, nor handle the glass and silver near you unnecessarily."

Have a lovely week, may all your points match and your seams be straight!

Jennifer

11 comments:

  1. I think the fact you feel so at home so quickly and barely think about your old home is a sure sign you're in the right spot!!
    Your new wombat is your new security system! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the new blog background and format. Good job, Jennifer!

    Your new wombat is divine! He looks so comfy. I shall thnk of him as "Bert"!

    So glad you are enjoying your new home. And that new table runner is going to be so pretty. And I have to agree with you about the mayhem of the soccer tournament - a total waste of time, in my opinion. As for other athletes, I also agree about the amount of money they receive for the 'work' they do; some of them can't even speak their own language well. But that's a discussion for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you had a great visit with your son and girlfriend. Glad that your is your house abd feel all settled it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the look of your "new"blog look. but isn't the photo the same? I can't imagine your views!
    Also that you had the strenght to stay awake after eating all that food to write a blog!
    Love, love your little guard! He's sleeping on the job though, you should know that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer that big WOW is a treasure. I love him. I am enjoying seeing that fabric out, too. It's time to see that!!! Love the new house vibe you have my friend. You are certainly correct. It was time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the new look...and the big wombat is really cool. How nice of your son to bring a wombat!

    Like the tablerunner you are making...the fabrics are pretty. I've been bad about quilting lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the new background. Guess it was time for a change for a few of us.
    I love your new wombat as does everyone else. He really is the cutest.
    Athletes? Overpaid, definitely. No one deserves or needs that kind of money. It absolutely disgusts me. That's my vent on the subject.
    Keep up the blogging Jennifer. I do enjoy reading about your life in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Mince your bread"?? How quaint.
    I felt at home in this house the first time we looked at it, before we bought it. I am glad you feel so happy and settled.
    Your new look on the blog is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is good when your house hugs you when you enter the door and whispers, "welcome home"

    your new wombat can always trip up and stub the toes of intruders, eh!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new wombat. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with our son and his girl. And lots of delicious food as well. Your new table runner is gorgeous. I love your new blog format. So glad to hear how much you love your new home and how settled and happy you feel - it was meant to be. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both blog and table runner are looking good. And the wombat doesn't look at all like what you suggested... ok, Maybe the chocolate...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!