To make a long story short, after lunch today I made the muffins, they turned out well, we have already tried them fresh out of the oven. They're a little different to Tim's recipe but not bad, if I do say so myself. I didn't make the maple cream cheese spread either, and I used pecans (because I had some) instead of walnuts (because I had none), a whole pecan half on each muffin.
Geez the election at the weekend was much ado about nothing, we still don't know who won......don't know who our government will be for the next few years.......so long as the bloke who leads one of the parties doesn't become prime minister, he has to be the scariest bloke ever in my opinion. For what it's worth. I don't care if his wife thinks he is lovely and his daughters love him and he helps little old ladies across the road, he still scares the living daylights out of me.
No pics today because the camera battery needs to be charged, but they will come in due course. You know what they say, if it's worth having it's worth waiting for. I could pop out and take a photo of the tiny pink and white wild flowers that are slowly appearing in the reserve, and the lovely wattle trees flowering just up the hill, but it's raining, cold and misty. So I won't. You wouldn't want me to get cold and wet, would you?
"How to reprove.
Parents should never check expressions of tenderness in their children, nor humiliate them before others. This will not only cause suffering to little sensitive hearts, but will tend to harden them. Reproof, if needed, should be administered to each child singly and alone."
Now I am off to make Big Decisions about cutting fabric. Have a wonderful week!
Jennifer
I love the smell of pumpkin and spices but not the taste. Mr. Q.O. loves the taste, so think I'll have to try the recipe. :-)
ReplyDeleteThis is almost sacrilegious to say, but I have never had a Tim's pumpkin muffin. I don't even like their coffee and I'm Canadian. I make a delicious pumpkin cake every fall and I bet that could be made into muffins. I think I got the recipe from Kraft.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should try those muffins.
Yummo Jennifer - your muffins sound delicious. I bet your house smelled wonderful while they were baking too.
ReplyDeletemy nephew is spending some time in Mexico and he says that they don't sell pumpkin there, either - the last time he visited, he packed his return suitcase with pumpkin, cranberry sauce, and brown sugar instead of clothes ...... if i want to make him gag, i mention tres leches cake - bwah ha ha!
ReplyDeleteThose muffins will soon be available here .... did you put the cream cheese icing in the middle?
ReplyDeleteLicorice pipes ... it has been a long time since I've had them.
Love your little mini!!!!