Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

What the well-dressed table is wearing

Table runner is finished, and is adding a touch of early spring to the table. Because it's quite long it's a bit tricky trying to get a picture without some distortion, but this shows you the general idea.
Recently the cats were hoping to occupy a cushion on the sofa - both trying to ignore the other. Considering they have been part of the same household for more than eight years now each still pretends she is The Only Cat In The House, something which cats can do very well.

Speaking of cats, when you see a cat washing itself with its legs going in all directions and its tail in another while its head is somewhere unmentionable......doesn't it remind you of a set of bagpipes?

Have you noticed lately that leggings, or whatever they are called these days, are back in fashion? I don't mind them worn under a skirt, definitely don't like them worn with short shorts, and can't stand them when they are worn as outerwear. Some sights are best never seen; just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. They don't flatter a plump behind and legs, and they certainly don't flatter skinny legs no matter what age woman is wearing them. And as for being worn stretched so tight that they become transparent.......not nice. That also includes very tight pretend jeans. Let's just keep them for the gym, shall we?

The coming week looks like being somewhat busy. Another meeting tomorrow afternoon about making the raffle quilt for the state guild (hopefully with some original ideas this time), medical appointment on Wednesday - nothing special, just a check-up - mammogram on Thursday. I shall practice for the mammogram over the next few days by slamming my boobs in the fridge door each time I pass it, and early in the morning when it is still cold I shall lie on the garage floor while Kevin drives the car over my bare chest. It's a necessary procedure for women in my age group, but it isn't a pleasant experience, is it? Hopefully the technician this time will not be as rough and abrupt as the last one was, or this will be the last time I go through this indignity. And it is undignified, having to strip to one's bare skin before strangers is humiliating and embarrassing - at least, that's how I find it; and it's even worse being handled by the aforementioned stranger on my girly bits. If ever I need any surgical procedures done, as far as I am concerned the medical staff will be performing them on my fully clothed body.

To make matters worse our nice weather will be leaving us again this week, Thursday is forecast to be very cold and rainy again! Not a good day for stripping to bare skin, even partly.

"Expressing unfavorable opinions.
You should be exceedingly cautious about expressing an unfavorable opinion relative to a young lady to a young man who appears to be attracted by, and attentive to her. If they should marry, the remembrance of your observations will not be pleasurable to yourself nor the married parties."

Perhaps we had better not make an unfavorable remark about a young lady wearing her jeggings, or tight pretend jeans, in the hearing of a young man who is attentive to her? Wouldn't want to cause any angst, would we.....no matter how unflattering the garment.

Enjoy your days!

13 comments:

  1. Your table runner is lovely... the rounded edges are so effective.... I have to admit to being a lover of those oh so comfortable leggings... (but I am wearing long shirts/dresses over them!!)... good luck with the mammogram... mmm... not fair - mammograms and pap smears..... no young man better say anything unfavourable to me on those days!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you're cracking me up this morning!!! I like your prep work for the mammo. Excellent. I mostly rely on the slamming it in the freezer and count to 10 then shift. Don't even get me going on those darn leggings. I never liked them in the first place. Maybe if I was build like I stick I'd feel different but REALLY - they leave nothing to the imagination. When my cats do that bagpiping I tell them (time and again) - personal grooming is not allowed and I shoo them away. It don't want to see that. Same goes for the dogs. I appreciate the cleanliness but I don't need to see the process!!! They know it, too. Still, they egg me on. Meanies.

    I am in love with your runner. The detail stitch work takes it over the top. You've done yourself proud here, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jennifer: I laughed all through your post, from the cat bagpipes to your hubby driving over you in the garage - too funny! The kitty on the right looks like our Polly. Your runner is gorgeous; thanks for a thoroughly entertaining post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty table runner. Love those colours!

    I hate leggings ...they're great for round the house (I dont own any ) but honestly shouldn't be allowed in public.

    Hearing you on the mammaogram. I had one when I was 40 and am hoping not to need another one for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your runner, the rounded corners are great.
    OMG Jennifer, I am laughing at your analogy of the mammogram. You got it right on! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lord the cat looking like bagpipes had Cliff and I laughing hyseterically. And yes, you are right that is what they look like. So which kitty won the I'll ignore you battle for the couch cushion?? I LOVE your new table runner - what pattern did you use if I may ask. It's quite unique and I love the design. Just beautiful. And may I just say I feel the same way about mammo's. I hate being squished and I hate some stranger rearranging my chest for a good picture, ugh, every year it's a grit your teeth I have to do it sort of thing, but I don't like it!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jennifer, that table runner is perfection! Good job!

    As far as mammograms are concerned, I have one every year and have perfected the art of the mammogram...I just stand there as though naked boobies are de riguer in my life...all the while turning to red jelly inside!

    Hugs from America!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! if it's not girls dressed like that, it's boys with their pants at half mast .... but i'd rather look at your runner - now there's something worth looking at!
    after awhile one gets used to the mammograms and practising takes so much effort. now it's just grit and go; i only need one side done now anyway.
    and shay, a seven year survivor says have that mamorgam annually!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i may have to get out the screen cleaner - i had just taken a sip when i read the bagpipes/cat description...

    leggings - LuLu looks really cute in them, but she is two and looks cute in just about anything

    the table runner is absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My DIL wears those leggings. I think they should be banned. I hate them

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tablerunner! And the reference to practicing for your mammogram is hilarious...although quite true! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I call women who wear those tights "Walmart People" even though I shop there, there are photos on the web that remind us of the rear views of what not to wear.
    Too funny about the mamo...I asked my doctor (male of course) if men had to put their you know what through the torcher would there be a kinder gentler way of doing the mamograms? He didn't say a word...
    Spring for you Aussies and fall is in the air for us here in Ontario. I love summer! I don't like cold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your table runner is fantastic! I love the colours! All of your quilts are lovely! It's so nice to see quilters from the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!