Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

See you again in a few weeks

Tomorrow morning we leave on our driving holiday....first we are going to a folk festival, then on Monday we will be heading for the coast.
Not that coast, we will be a couple of hours further north.
Our bags are packed.....mine is, anyway. A smaller bag than these.

We are looking forward to our holiday.....even though we have been retired for a couple of years, a holiday away is good. The break from daily routine is a change, and we are planning to visit places where we haven't been before. My knitting and hand-piecing are ready to go, we have several books to read, and we will take the large crossword (not yet started) from yesterday's local paper.

When we return I will tell of the highlights - no doubt there will be many!

"Trusting the driver.
While driving with another who holds the reins, you must not interfere with the driver, as anything of this kind implies a reproof, which is very offensive. If you think his conduct wrong, or are in fear of danger resulting, you may delicately suggest a change, apologizing therefore. You should resign yourself to the driver's control, and be perfectly calm and self-possessed during the course of a drive."

Calm and self-possessed, that's me.

Enjoy your days!

9 comments:

  1. Have a great vacation, Jennifer. I look forward to seeing pictures of the interesting things you encounter on your way. Loved the "Trusting The Driver" quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Trusting the driver"..........hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I have great difficulty with that. I do my best though. Enjoy your holiday Jennifer, it is always so nice to get away and see new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time... I love the wombats on your cases... just perfect..... enjoy the drive...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your holiday! It is always great to see new places, there is so much to discover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm just gonna pretend that i get to escape from the daily with you - we had our first frost yesterday and i am not looking forward to months on end of the color brown ... safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I I hope it's a lovely break for you both, Jennifer. safe travels :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you a happy holiday - hassle free.
    You will have fun for sure.
    Hugs till you get back, Ali.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband would certainly give you a hug for the "trusting the driver" quote.... I'm afraid I'm the opposite of calm and self-possessed when riding in the car..... as I get older, I seem to loose all calmness, etc. Am going to copy this for him to read.

    Glad you had a nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!