The Big Reveal for my quilt group's 2011 challenge quilts is on Saturday afternoon so I have been dancing up a storm at the sewing machine. My quilt is now quilted and the last of the loose threads are being woven in, then tomorrow the edges will be trimmed and the binding sewn on.
Serves me right for leaving it so late. It has been a finished top for months but making decisions about quilting gets to me every time. It could do with some more quilting in the centre and who knows, that just may get done. Or then again, it may not........after all, finished is better than perfect.
Here are a few of the lovely birds we saw on our holiday.
The large aviary where these birds lived was also home to a young magpie, a terrible tease. It was annoying the black cocky, who was jumping up and down and madly sqwarking.....the more it sqwarked, the more the magpie teased......then the magpie hopped away with a "ha ha, gotcha!" look in its beady little eye and a yellow-speckled black tail feather in its beak. We thought it was very funny, although the black cocky was somewhat affronted.
I have a couple of questions about blog stuff: how do I make a header with more than one picture on it? and how do I replace the orange and white B with something different, so in a list of blogs mine has its own little unique symbol? I have seen that on a few blogs and it looks very swish.
We have been having storms lately and even the odd blackout, so the computer is spending some of its time turned off and unplugged as we don't want a repeat of the lightning strike which did so much damage to our last computer and caused it to be replaced. So if I am a bit tardy in replying to comments, or commenting on blogs, please forgive me. It's because I don't want to end up a bright spark.
"Showy dress.
The glaring colors and "loud" costumes, once so common, have given place to sober grays, and browns and olives; black predominating over all. The light, showily-trimmed dresses, which were once displayed in the streets and fashionable promenades, are now only worn in carriages. This display of showy dress and glaring colors is generally confined to those who love ostentation more than comfort."

Hi Jennifer,
ReplyDeleteThat swish little thing instead of the "B" is called a favicon. I don't remember how I did it, but if you go to "help" there is probably something there.
The other question about pictures I have no idea, so I will leave that one to another reader.
you have some major birds there! thanx for showing them off!
ReplyDeletei wonder if it is possible to be ostentatiously comfortable? i think it might be ... but i don't think it is possible to be FLAMBOYANT and comfortable ...... we call magpies "skunk birds" and i don't like them very much - although they are welcome to munch on all the prairie dog innards they can lay their beaks on ... so says me...
ReplyDeleteWe have tons of Rosella's in our African Fire tree. I love watching their antics.
ReplyDeleteTi make photo montage for your blog header you need to create one in Picasa or Photobucket then upload it to your blog via layout or settings. I'm not sure how to do the other thing but I bet google knows!
I think procrastinating with finishes is something we all do! Good luck with your binding day!
Sorry can't help....but I will be interestedin the answers you get.
ReplyDeleteWe have Eastern Rosella over here...( must have flown ? ) and they are a pest to us. The peak off lots of the kiwifruit buds and just drop them on the ground - they are parrots and like playing or anything tricky. They are too fast for us to ever shoot so they get away with it.
Love the birds... I could sit all day and watch them..... glad you asked about the B thing... I hadn't noticed but now I want to try and change mine.... Shay has answered how I have done a multipictured header... I use Picasa... free to upload...
ReplyDeleteHave fun stitching!
Hugz
did you see where to go for the favicon... into design and it is the tab at the top left.... just change a file (in theory) - i am about to try it out!
ReplyDeleteHugz
Gorgeous birds!
ReplyDeleteI have step by step instructions on how to do a multiple image header somewhere, kindly given to me by a blogger in Scotland. Will try to dig them out for you.
Never thought of changing the icon. Must go and try it now!
Such beautiful birds -- lovely to see!
ReplyDelete