If it is turned inside out it looks like this.
A link to the instructions can be found on Bev's blog here. When it first appeared I thought to myself "that looks like fun", I thought, "I shall make one of those" I said to myself, printed out the instructions, and bought the stiffening. And there it sat.......last weekend the fabric was fused to the stiffening and cut out, then it didn't take long at all to sew the seams and round the edges. It was so easy I may make more. The link appeared on Bev's blog in January last year, 18 months ago - if anyone had asked me I would have sworn it was earlier this year. My life is flashing by before my eyes, you know.
The fabric on the table behind the leaf is a pale gold wool blend textured knit for which I have A Plan, but first new sleeves need to be traced as my pattern only has short or three-quarter sleeves and I would like to make them long. My recent foray into clothing shops has made me determined to dip into my clothing fabric stash and sew. And yes indeed, there is green fabric with the gold; three different green fabrics (one of which I don't even remember buying), all destined to be tops.
Our little visiting grey kangaroo has been back a couple of times with her joey. Binky saw them through the window and was intrigued - do you remember the Sylvester cartoon about the giant mouse? Here it is, just to remind you. Perhaps Binky thought it was really a large mouse - she was a very good mouser in her younger days when we lived in the Big Smoke. Frequent renovations and construction in the neighbourhood meant there were piles of timber in which to go mouse hunting, and of course there was always something to bring home to show off.
The poor birds who use our bird bath had a shock last week, as one morning it was so cold the water turned to ice - first time it has happened all winter. Our feathered friends would have had to wear skates! Birdy skates must be quite small, mustn't they? Come to that, can you imagine the size of the bones in a bird's toe?
"To remove wrinkles.
Put powder of best myrrh upon an iron plate sufficiently hot to melt the gum gently, and when it liquifies, cover over your head with a napkin, and hold your face over the fumes at a distance that will cause you no inconvenience. If it produces headache, discontinue its use."
I think I will keep the wrinkles......
Enjoy your days!
The bowl is amazing.... love it.. you must've got the real cold last week.... no birdie bathing in that!! and I will keep my wrinkles too... imagine what that did to the lungs?
ReplyDeleteHugz
Your bowl is lovely Jennifer. The fabrics are perfect. Love them. It was easy to make and I'd forgotten all about it. I think I'll make some up before Christmas.
ReplyDeleteI've made round and oval bowls as well as boxes using this technique. Have seen the leafs but never tried them. Now I am on a mission to make bowls for the coming Autumn season here in the States. Thanks for the link...I'm off to search the cabinets for fall fabrics!
ReplyDeleteLovely leaf bowl. If all else fails you could wear it Eve Style, or better still make some smaller matching ones.
ReplyDeleteYes the wrinkles sound a safer option.
I am laughing at the thought of the visitors to my birdbath finding it frozen as they bathe so enthusiastically.
oh Jennifer, I love fall and I LOVE that leaf bowl, I went and printed the instructions out right away. I'm gonna make one - soon, hopefully. I know I want to make one for each of my Aunties and take back as fall decoration in the east are very popular. Poor birdies, an iced over bath is not fun and even if it wasn't iced, it would be a darn cold bath. Hugs!!
ReplyDeleteLove the bowl! I think it is an amazing project! Bev is very talented as we know.
ReplyDeleteYeah, gonna keep my wrinkles too! Too funny some of your postings.
It's so hard to imagine that it's winter with you when we've just had a lovely warm day. Strange.
ReplyDeleteI love your leaf bowl, especially your color choices! It sounds lovely to be where you are with the cold weather ;-)
ReplyDeleteI think I'll keep my wrinkles too. I love seeing British actresses who don't use Botox or do facelifts, but they are comfortable in their own skin as they age. I wish more Americans would do that....
Enjoy your day,
Judy