Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

We're having a great time in Canada!

So far no pics, but they will be taken.....the trees in the streets near where we are staying are changing, the huge oak trees across the road are gorgeous.  Spending time with our son and his girlfriend has been wonderful, and once again we have been impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of people we have met.

The Creativ Festival visit was fun, and yesterday's visit to the Textile Museum very short because of work being done to prepare a new exhibit, but as entry was subsequently free we didn't complain.  Perhaps another visit in a few weeks may be possible; it's such an interesting place with a fabulous collection and a wonderful shop, including the best selection of books on anything to do with fibres and textiles that you could imagine.

So far no bones have been broken, no one has taken a tumble - although sometimes it is difficult to keep one's balance in the subway carriage when the driver slams on the brakes, I swear some of the carriages must have square wheels - we both want to leave Canada as intact as when we arrived.  Kevin hurt his shoulder heaving a suitcase into the back of our car just before leaving home but after treatment by a local massage therapist it is feeling much better, and he now thinks it won't fall off after all. Which is probably a good thing, as there is more heaving of suitcases to come.

By gosh it's a long flight.......the 90-minute stopover in Vancouver wasn't enough for my ears to return to normal after the descent, so landing in Toronto was even more painful that normal.  We have seen an advertisement for a gadget which is supposed to help with the ear pain so shall check it out soon, and see if it is as wonderful as it claims to be.  Because landing can be so agonisingly painful I really dread flying, but the alternative was a long swim and a long overland hike.

The etiquette book has been left behind so I can't leave you with the usual words of gentle wisdom and courtesy, but that will be made up on our return.

Enjoy your days!

7 comments:

  1. How exciting that you are attending this is Canada. I have a blog friend, Karen from Sew Karen-Ly Creative, I wonder if she is also there. And, yes it must be a very long flight. How long did it take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far things sound great. What a treat to get an update from you. I don't remember that last trip. :) Enjoy and keep us updated as you're able. I think we can make it w/o etiquette until then? No? Ohhh.... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is so good to hear from you and know that you are having a great time ... enjoy those leaves - ours are being blown all over Creation today, and i miss them already...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jennifer, I always have the same problem when flying. The pain can be almost unbearable, can't it, and those international flights seem to start their descent an hour or more before ETA so we can be suffering for a long time :-( When we were coming back from Jordan earlier this year I discovered Ear Planes, little far plugs that prevent that built up of pressure. They are single use only, but I think they are well worth the moderate expense for the blessed relief they bring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer pop into a pharmacy and buy yourself some ear planes. I get decompression pain so badly when I fly and I started using these about 6 years ago and they are marvellous !

    So glad to hear you're having some fun and that everyone is still in one piece !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear you are both in one unbroken piece (each ) and having a happy time. Keep it up!
    I look forward to more reports and photos when you can. ( we'll manage without our etiquette tips till you return. )
    Cheers. Ali.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And that's why I avoid the subway as much as possible -- those drivers can give one whiplash! Even worse are some of the bus drivers. One route in particular we've renamed the TTC Indy route.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!