A couple of years ago Easter was late in April so the big tree just inside the festival entrance was showing its autumn colour, but I don't think it will this year. You can see coats and jackets being worn too, wonder how cool it will be this year? I'm taking a coat because walking back to our caravan after a late (sometimes very late indeed) night singing session can be a little chilly......some years we have even had frost.
That big tree is the mark of the seasons, to me. Every year it's different, this year I expect more green - but one never knows.
Tomorrow will be somewhat frantic, what with packing, and trying to fit in some last-minute house cleaning so our house sitters won't think we are total slobs, and a little baking so we have treats to take with us, and an appointment with the chiropractor......tomorrow has already taken on a life of its own, and it hasn't even happened yet.
Forgot to mention, a couple of weeks ago I won a giveaway on the Aurifil blog! I have been using Aurifil threads for several years but some of the ones I received were some I haven't yet tried, so that will be interesting. One spool is a fine 50wt thread in the ecru colour being used for my hand-pieced flower basket blocks - would you believe the original spool is still going strong, seven years and nearly 198 blocks later? While it should be enough to make the remaining blocks (225 altogether) it may not be enough to join them together, so that smaller spool is very welcome. It was originally started as a portable project and has served that purpose well, been on goodness how many caravan trips and also been overseas four times. A well-travelled quilt.......and still in progress!
"Recognizing friends in the street.
No one, while walking the streets, should fail, through pre-occupation, or absent-mindedness, to recognize friends and acquaintances, either by a bow or some form of salutation. If two gentlemen stop to talk, they should retire to one side of the walk. If a stranger should be in company with one of the gentlemen, an introduction is not necessary. If a gentleman meets another gentleman in company with a lady whom he does not know, he lifts his hat to salute them both. If he knows the lady, he should salute her first. The gentleman who accompanies a lady, always returns a salutation made to her."
Every year while walking round the folk festival our progress is slowed down by friends we meet, people we see only once a year, and it is so good to catch up with them and hear their news, and sit down for a drink or a meal together. Makes for slow walking, but what does that matter when meeting friends?
Enjoy your days!
Best wishes for a wonderful time at the Folk Festival, and your son's visit.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your radio show earlier, and look forward to your return to the air waves. Have fun!
Isn't that tree a wonderful tradition?! I like that special connection with nature. I'm happy to know this is going to be an extra special trip with the birthday celebration, too.
ReplyDeleteI always have much to do before heading out on vacation so I can relate to your efforts. So worth it to leave things "all squared away" though. Congrats on the thread win. I use Auriful, too! I'm smiling knowing you have that special project that's traveled so many miles. ...the memories and miles stitched into that one!!!!
Yiu'll be missed. *kd.
Safe travels, Jennifer and Kevin. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.
ReplyDeleteHappy travels Jennifer . Im sure you'll have a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your son too!
Gosh it doesn't seem like a year ago (almost) and you were there - have a lovely time...
ReplyDeleteHugz
Have a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the Aurifil win!
Hope you have a wonderful trip and a lot of fun at the festival. I've not tried the Aurifil thread but I keep reading great things about it on blogs so I must give it a try. Safe travels and big hugs!!
ReplyDeleteHappy travelling and have a great time at the festival!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful holiday!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time and I look forward to hearing about your trip when you get back!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely time. You certainly get about!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have been enjoying Canberra. Both times I have been there it has been glorious. I love the wonderful trees, with their brilliant Autumn colours. Both of my visits have been in March, strangely enough. I would love to go again. My son wanted us to go together, but I feel it will not happen now.
ReplyDelete