These are the fabrics I will be wearing in my role as Mother of the Groom next February, what do you think? The rather scrumptious green cotton on the left will be a top, while the multi-coloured fabric will be a flared skirt. The dull teal behind is the skirt lining, we tried out different colours at the fabric shop and believe it or not this was the choice which brought out the fabric's colours best.....even better than a deep olive/gold lining, which was surprising. Extra skirt fabric was bought to make a matching scarf/wrap, the plan is to bead the ends to give it weight as it's a very light silky poly fabric, almost as light as chiffon.
Fabric for the next bag, the blue Jinny Beyer paisley is the outer fabric and the smokey green (would you believe it's from a range of Christmas fabrics?) is the trim and lining. Managed to get most of the large piece quilted last Saturday at quilt group, finished it off earlier in the week and cut it out yesterday. I wasn't going to cut it, but then decided that the project would be easier to pack in the cupboard if it was cut out first, so cut out it was. It won't be touched again until the wedding sewing is done.Had my visit to the specialist on Monday and he confirmed what I have been suspecting for over a year, that my shoulder will not get better unless it is surgically fixed. The operation date is now set for next month after we come home from our holiday, so on Tuesday 19th November I will be Going Under The Knife. While that is something that doesn't see me dancing round with glee it will be good to - eventually! - be pain free.
Last week when I posted it was a horribly windy day, and it is again today....and it was on Tuesday, too......no doubt about it, we are certainly being blown into summer. At least we had some rain a few nights ago so the hill behind us isn't looking too dry now. Our garden is doing well, our plants except for one which is to be replaced are flourishing, and more pics will be taken soon so you can see how pretty they are.
Oh dear, one sees some unfortunate sights these days. Who decided that tight leggings, which should never be worn outside a gym in my opinion, are outer wear? And quite honestly, why do large girls wear stretched-to-the-max black leggings with a top which doesn't cover their bum, in public? It's not pretty. I'm not exactly svelte myself these days....once I was, alas.......but some of these young women would make at least two of me. Occasionally one sees a larger girl dressed in clothes which flatter her and don't draw attention to the bits she would probably rather not feature, and she looks really good. Really tight pants don't flatter very skinny legs either.
I don't watch TV shows which take women in hand and dress them in clothes they probably wouldn't choose for themselves - I find them too arrogant for my taste - but I do wish some people would look at the back view in their mirror before they set out.
"Indifference to dress.
Indifference and inattention to dress is a defect of character rather than virtue, and often denotes indolence and slovenliness. Every woman should aim to make herself look as well as possible with the means at her command."
I do try.
Enjoy your days!
How very lovely the material is for your wedding outfit. It will be stunning I am sure. Sorry that you have to have surgery, but I think being pain free will make it worth it. I agree with the leggings issue and shirts that don't cover the bum - nobody looks good without bum coverage and they make shirts - I should say tunics that will cover these things. Oh well everyone has their own style I guess. Hugs!!
ReplyDeleteGosh, you are brave (and doubtless talented) making yourself something for the wedding. Your material is beautiful and I'm sure you will be too, on the day.
ReplyDeleteHere, the fashion for the young is to wear shorts - short shorts - with black tights. This really emphasises the rear end, which is sometimes a very poor idea. Not that my rear end would look good emphasised either, but here's the thing: I do my best to hide it.
But then when one is young, it's hard not to be fashionable, I suppose.
Love your fabric choices- you’re going to be a beautiful MOTG.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the leggings thing...They aren’t really supposed to be pants per se in my opinion. Good to wear under a long tunic top of a cute (appropriate) dress but otherwise – not a good look! Pretty sure some people get dressed with their eyes shut and without the benefit of a mirror!
love your wedding outfit fabrics... and the bag is going to be great too...
ReplyDeleteI can't comment about fashion... I am the worst dresser ever... you will have a whole book to write about what I wear!! including tights...(though I do wear a long top over them!!)haha
Hugz
Great job on the fabric choices for the wedding!!!!
ReplyDeleteI do agree, it' say good idea to have that cut up before you set it aside. It'll feel so good to dive into after all the busyness of the Wedding.
As for the surgery, well, good it'll be addressed. As you say, pain free is coming! :)
As Ogden Nash put it:
ReplyDeleteSure, deck your limbs in pants, Yours are the limbs, my sweeting. You look divine as you advance . . .
Have you seen yourself retreating?
Mind you, I've always thought this could be said of many a man in pants, as well... old Ogden was being a wee bit sexist. These days, the boat has well and truly sailed on whether women should wear pants and I gladly wave it farewell, but then there are, as you say, leggings.
me too!!! on the same day!!! i am NOT looking forward to that tuesday, but i am also not okay with being as yellow as a lemonhead, so i guess i'll suffer through - and we can recuperate together!!!
ReplyDeletelove your fabric choices - you're gonna be GOR-GEE-OUS!!!