Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

New skirt added to the sumptuous wardrobe selection

The new skirt is done, finished and has been worn, once with a bright blue top, and again with this green top.  The skirt silhouette is more flared than it looks here.  It has been given some lovely compliments!
The closest I will ever come to taking a selfie.  It doesn't count when one's head is chopped off, does it?

Next project(s) will be to make two blocks for my group's blocks of the month which are made into charity quilts, one is pieced in autumn colours and the other is fiddly diddly applique with unbelievably teensy weensy pieces.  I'm just trying to work up enough enthusiasm to get them done.

Ah well.  Once they're finished I can get on with my own much more interesting projects.

We have a sitter organised for our trip away next month, and we have been very careful to check her references.  We will be meeting up with her for coffee next week and don't anticipate the trouble we had with our previous sitter - this woman is older and seems much more responsible.  The troublesome sitter left a few things here and has never come back for them; her family lives not far away from us so we will drop them off one day, and wipe our hands of her forever.  We don't wish her any ill, we just want nothing more to do with her.

Our newly landscaped front garden is struggling in the heat, but it looks so much better than it did before!  When the weather finally cools down there are a couple of terracotta pots on the back verandah which need something interesting in them, we will see what pretty things we can find.  I have a few ideas......something involving flowers and perfume, perhaps.

Recently I was bemoaning to Kevin the lack of decent programs on TV.  We don't subscribe to cable but we still have access to 20 or more free channels.  However it doesn't seem to matter how much choice there is - if something doesn't appeal to you you aren't going to watch it, are you?  Repeat after repeat after repeat of British police dramas (there can't be too many people left alive in some of those villages, can there?), unreal so-called reality shows (I don't care if you think you can cook better than someone else, or pout better when given a bad score, or turn on the waterworks when your souffle falls flat in front of the judges, really I just don't care), competitive home renovation shows (take out the competitive aspect and they would become much more interesting), sport, sport and more bloody sport, How We Won The War over and over and over again (doesn't matter which war)......honestly, if our television set were to suddenly self-destruct I wouldn't care.

And don't even get me started on the commercials......

I don't think Kevin quite agreed though, because playing with the television remote seems programmed into the average bloke's psyche.  If what you are staring at (as distinct from watching) doesn't appeal, there is always the off button - but that is a button the average bloke seems to have trouble hitting, yes?

"Australians indulge and excel in all kinds of manly sports, and healthy and invigorating pastimes, games and amusements - boys and girls at a very early age are adepts in nearly every kind of out-door bodily exercise, and would seem to have inherited a natural aptitude for attaining in early youth proficiency in nearly all the sports for which their Anglo-Saxon forefathers have been famed."

What about their foremothers?  And not a word about television, you notice - it would have been but a distant unattainable dream to the good folk of 1885.

Enjoy your days!

6 comments:

  1. That skirt is sumptuous indeed - very pretty! I share your views on TV; even with cable, there is nothing good to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the comment about the British villages. We have thought that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jennifer, that skirt came out so lovely! And even in the USA, the choices of TV programs is dismal! We have a satellite dish cause we are so far out in the country - I have no earthly idea how many channels we can get but there still seems to be nothing of any consequence, entertainment-wise. Added to the fact that Mr. Wonderful and I have totally different viewing preferences, we are so glad to have 2 TV's so that there isn't a lot of moaning and groaning when one wants to watch something that the other doesn't. Thank goodness for DVD's!!! We can always find a movie that we want to watch together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lurvely skirt! you are amazing - even without your head!

    Melissa and i NEVER agree on what to watch on tv, unless the Broncos are playing (and now that they've won the Super Bowl, that won't be happening again till August) ... she likes crime/cop shows and is an autopsy gremlin - which is totally gross to me ... i did try watching once, but when the ME picked up a pair of bolt cutters - well, i bolted ... shudder ... i don't want that kinda expletive deleted playing in my living room, no way no how...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, love that new skirt. What, you don't like selfies, me either. Although I recently took one to show my friend how much my hair has grown. But seriously, I would rather not see a picture of me. My cats and doggy are so much more photogenic. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new skirt is lovely. Very versatile - could be worn with any colour or lovely with black as well. ( I have one in those same colours )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!