Pages

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Been here before, you know.......

On Monday last week we arrived home from a great weekend at the Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival to a flooded house again, courtesy of a broken pipe under the bathroom sink..  This time is much worse than last time, the entire houseful of carpet was saturated, and it and nearly everything which stood on it has to be thrown out.

Our new three months old furniture......the new carpet......plus some other stuff which I am trying not to think about.  The water tripped a power board which caused a blackout and we had food in the freezer, so that's gone.  I had alpaca knitting yarn in the freezer because I spied a little thing with wings being interested in it......that's gone too.

Right now we are feeling slightly shell shocked, but this too will pass.  Normal blogging will resume as soon as possible.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer! I am so sorry for you both (insert rude words on your behalf here) I can well understand your feeling of shock xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!!! Oh, Jennifer - I am speechless. Hugs to you and Kevin :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awful. What a mess! Good luck with the cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am astounded at your luck with this flooding!!! I feel for you. It's not really the loss of stuff is it, but the pain of getting it all sorted. One day at a time...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope this will be your last flood , I feel very very sorry for you . Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer so sorry to hear about your flood. Hope things are resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!