Once again, not much has happened here either. We have kept a low profile because it is school holidays, bringing people from other parts of the state to our town - but probably not many from interstate, because borders aren't open unless you have a permit and a good reason to cross the border. This means that, apart from some hunting and gathering, we have stayed home.
Which has led to sewing time, which also led to a serendipitous discovery. Borders have been added to the Ontario runner on all four sides.
My stash yielded brown for the narrow border, and a dark yellow-green which is Just Right for the outer border. Thoughts were thought about backing fabric; those thoughts were that there was nothing suitable in the stash, so a shopping trip might have to happen.
Then I happened to look on a different shelf, and look what was there - the very thing!
Don't you reckon these two were made for each other? The darker fabric has a leaf design, the lighter is a floral design from a Christmas range more years ago than I can remember. There is more than enough; the back will need to be joined, so a strip of the darker fabric may be used for interest. Thoughts are still being thought on that. Binding will be the darker fabric.
The scarf which was on the needles - actually needle, because there is only one circular being used - has been pulled undone and a different pattern started. It has gone from being Pembroke to being Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf; a little has been done, and so far I am much happier with how the stripes are falling in the design.
Who do you reckon decided that filming people in hospital emergency rooms was a good idea? I think it's a horrible thing to do; I know - I hope! - consent has to be given for the film to be used, but what an awful intrusive thing to happen to someone who is far from their best at the time. Kevin has his orders that, should I be in extremis and someone approaches me with a camera, to send them away immediately (with rude words if necessary) and I have promised to do the same for him. Perhaps if you have an interest in medical stuff it might be interesting viewing, but all I can think of is......what a gross invasion of privacy.
We have noticed at the airport in the Big Smoke, on our return from trips to Canada, signs informing that filming is being done for the program about security in airports and elsewhere. The signs say that you should tell the film crew if you don't wish to be filmed - but shouldn't it be the other way round? Shouldn't they have to ask permission first? Just keep those cameras out of my face, folks.
I've been on television. That five minutes of fame is not all it's cracked up to be, you know.
"Introductions.
An acquaintanceship or friendship usually begins by means of introductions, though it is by no means uncommon that when it has taken place under other circumstances - without introduction - it has been a great advantage to both parties; nor can it be said that it is improper to begin an acquaintance in this way. The formal introduction has been called the highway to the beginning of friendship, and the "scraped" acquaintance the by-path."
This also applies to camera crews, in my thinking.
Enjoy your days!
If you find a fabric in your stash that you forgot you had it is "stashcovery". I've been having lots of those moments, lately.
ReplyDeleteOh, that backing fabric is just about perfect! Nothing is actually perfect and that's why I say just about. On another note, I do NOT wish to be filmed while in need of emergency medical care, thank you very much...I've been on television but not for that kind of event!
ReplyDeletehaha... are they doing border security where naughty people are found out? maybe thats why you don't want to be filmed??? haha... perfect fabric for backing... so good when you find it in the stash...
ReplyDeleteHugz
I love it when the perfect fabric is waiting patiently for me to discover. You will have your runner finished up in no time!
ReplyDelete