Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2020

Stitches have been taken out, and stitches have been put in

The stitches around my eyes were taken out on Tuesday morning, and my world is much brighter and bigger than it has been for a long time!  There is still bruising and marks from sutures and incisions, but hopefully they will eventually be less noticeable.  I am self-conscious about going out in public because of the no-doubt-inevitable question "what happened to you?"

As the song says, ain't nobody's business but mine..........

In addition to some hand-piecing and knitting, four little houses were made during the week.
The village now has 15 houses.
The design in "Freddy's house" uses 61 houses; another four have been cut out, if my maths is correct that makes 42 still to be cut.  There's no hurry on this......it's just something fun to dip into when the fancy takes me.  It needs a name, but no doubt something witty will pop into my head one day.

Spring seems to be springing, yesterday was very nice and today is even nicer.......but I can't smell it.  You know that indefinable 'something' in the air - a waft of scent from spring flowers, the feel of warmth on one's bare arms, even having one's bare arms bared at all - it's not quite here yet.

Spring also means pulling out weeds.  Sigh.......for the past couple of years it has also meant glorious golden blossom on our little wattle bush, but something seems to have munched on those tender little blossom buds and this year there are none.  If I could get my hands on those little blossom-munching bugs I would not be kind to them.  I don't read murder stories for nothing, you know.  The knowledge gained may come in handy one day.

The incentive to play music has sunk way back inside my head; not being able to play together with friends has made my brain very sad.  However during the week I did put together a song arrangement and send it around, who knows - perhaps one day we may be able to perform it.

Even sadder is the fact that we don't know when we will be able to see our Canaussian boy and his lovely partner again.  That makes me so sad that I try not to think about it.  International travel has become a pie-in-the-sky dream, whether we go to Canada (looking extremely unlikely now) or they come here (also looking unlikely).  

"The salutation after introduction.
A slight bow is all that is required by courtesy, after an introduction.  Shaking hands is optional, and it should rest with the older, or the superior in social standing to make the advances.  It is often an act of kindness on their part, and as such to be commended.  It is a common practice among gentlemen, when introduced to one another, to shake hands, and as it evinces more cordiality than a mere bow, is generally to be preferred.  An unmarried lady should not shake hands with gentlemen indiscrimately."

I won't be shaking hands with those little blossom-munching bugs.  Should we meet, I will probably slap them from here to next week.  Or even next month.  Or next year.......

Enjoy your days!

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about the stitches! Those little houses are so cheery looking.
    We had rain from the tail end of Hurricane Laura, and it was very welcome to our dry ground. So nice to see puddles in the driveway this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. after days and more days of smoke from wildfires, it was SO AWESOME to wake up from a headache-induced nap to the longed for scent of rain!!! it wasn't much, but it was as if the Red Sea had parted ... still haven't felt that first hint of autumn; like you waiting for signs of spring, i know it will come...

    august has been a bruiser, but your stitches are gone now and you can move ahead, move along...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of bugs, either....nasty little things! I just love your Freddy houses.....I need to see if I can find the little quilt I made from my class with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad about your stitches. What a cheery little village you are creating! I feel so much for folks like you who can't see family....I would be sad too. It is a glorious sunny day here today...you would never imagine there was anything amiss with the world. Yes very naughty wattle munchers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your village is growing nicely, will there bej trees along the streets, too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad your eyes are so much better and I do love your bright cheerful village that is being created.... songs will come back.... hopefully with the spring..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!