We've had a full month of daylight saving now, and days are starting way too early......for me, anyway. Never mind. In just five months we will change back. I don't mind daylight saving time, I happen to like my mornings to be dark.
A couple more houses are finished.
An autumn house on the left and a summer house on the right, because - of course - flowers dance in the sky in summer.Some time ago I decided I didn't like how my scarf was turning out, so pulled it undone and started a different pattern. This is Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf, from Ravelry.
It's easy and fun to knit, and I like how the stripes fall. The darkest colour isn't black, it's deep brown.
It's easy and fun to knit, and I like how the stripes fall. The darkest colour isn't black, it's deep brown.
Our week has been pretty much the same as the one before it, and the one before that......some tumblers have been sewn, the second large panel is done but not yet photographed as it doesn't look much different to the first. Once all three are joined there will be photographic proof. Books have been read, some better than others.
While the world was shut down and we couldn't go anywhere except for food and drugs it was very easy to become lazy and now it's difficult to get un-lazied, but I'm working on it. Having choir and ukulele group back has helped tremendously, and of course sewing and quilting groups too.
Our lives have changed slightly as we now have a new doctor, who - fortunately - seems quite nice. The doctor we had both been seeing for several years moved to the Big Smoke earlier this year because his new wife wanted to go. He was originally from Iran and really liked living in our town, we liked him too, but.....happy wife happy life, I suppose. The staff at the medical centre told me they miss him. However on Friday a pleasant young doctor named Genevieve and I bonded over our shared name, because Genevieve and Jennifer are variations on the same name.
I don't like doctors and medical stuff and things like that. Sadly as one gets older some bits don't work as well as they used to so drugs are called for, and that means a visit every six months. I just ignore any symptoms until bits fall off, and so far so good. My mother was one of whom it could be said "she enjoyed ill health" and I vowed I would not be like that. (When my brothers and I cleaned out her house after she died we filled a large plastic garbage bag three-quarters full of partly used medications; she was a great one for 'doctor shopping'.) Probably gone a bit far the other way, but that's all right......although I am glad I had that eye surgery, because my new big wide vision is amazing.
The birds have been very entertaining lately. Young galahs have been practising how to fly - they aren't too bad in the air, but the landings sometimes leave a bit to be desired and we have seen several face plant into the ground. When I was a child my grandparents had a galah - 'Cocky' - it went to a large aviary in a nearby town after they died; galahs and other cockatoos can live to be over 100 years old, so frequently outlive their owners.
"Retiring from the table.
When the hostess sees that all have finished, she looks at the lady who is sitting beside the host, and the company rise, and withdraw in the order they are seated, without precedence. After retiring to the drawing-room, the guests should intermingle in a social manner. It is expected that the guests will remain from one to three hours after dinner."
Of course they will. Meanwhile, the hostess is probably wondering "when, oh when, will they leave?"

I love the look of your scarf.. it's really effective with the stripes going like that.... great new house blocks too. Good to have a doctor yoiu are happyt with....
ReplyDeleteHugz
You chose the perfect pattern for that yarn - it's coming along beautifully! I laughed out loud at your etiquette quote; I cannot imagine living in such a formal society!
ReplyDeleteI love that pattern you are using for your scarf....it's the perfect one for a ball of yarn I have that just doesn't fit any plans I'd had for it initially. Must get that pattern printed off. Love the houses! Coming along nicely.
ReplyDeleteI want a striped door on my house! It looks so bright and cheery. You just know the people in the house are fun.
ReplyDeleteI have made a couple of those scarves. Once you get it set up it is wonderful, mindless knitting. I like you yarn.
Great new additions to your houses. Your scarf looks beautiful. The colours are gorgeous. I didn't know Galahs were so long lived x
ReplyDelete