Of late there seem to be some darker houses made, so I decided to make up for it this week.
Two yellow houses, one with a very bright lawn in front and flowers in the sky, and one with a flower garden in front. Don't you love the Aussie flag fabric on the door? That's from a very very long time ago.For our sewing guild meeting on Wednesday I have promised to show how to make folded fabric coasters. There were my first attempts; the corners could be a wee bit sharper, but they haven't yet been poked out with my trusty chopstick.....which may or may not be done before the middle of the week.
Instructions can be found in several places online. Trust me......'easy' doesn't begin to describe them; they are, as some people annoyingly say, "easy as". The basket of Christmas fabrics was raided to make these.
The English language is continually changing and evolving, and mostly it drifts by me without too much irritation. However, "easy as", "tall as", "blue as" all make me cringe and then restrain myself from forcibly whacking the speaker severly around the head while muttering through gritted teeth "easy as what? tall as what?"
But, being the nice person as what I am, I don't do that. I content myself with just the gritted teeth.
It has rained! Yesterday was a damp drizzly day, and very welcome it was too. Today is clearer and dry, and still quite mild considering it's the middle of summer......but apart from a burst of heat a few months ago this summer has been fairly mild, for a change. Usually the second half of January is alive to twanging guitars when 50,000 extra people descend on our town for a country music festival but it was, alas, another casualty of the covid plague. A few pubs and clubs had sit-down concerts with limited attendance (we went to one) but all those squillions of dollars which usually pour into our town didn't happen. January is either stinking hot and/or pouring rain, but this year has been much better; it would have been ideal festival weather - but the festival couldn't happen!
Oh well. We live in hopes that it will again, next year.
Took my new glasses in to have the fit tweaked, but they are not ~quite~ right yet. Never mind; it can be checked again this week. It has been six months now since my eye surgery and the discomfort was definitely worth it, although I will be glad when the scars above my eyes finally fade completely. That's the problem with old skin, I suppose; it doesn't bounce back like it would have done had I been a much younger person.
But when I was a much younger person I didn't need eye surgery......
"The breakfast table should be simply decorated, yet it may be made very attractive with its snowy cloth and napkins, its array of glass, and its ornamentation of fruits and flowers. Bread should be placed upon the table, cut in slices. In eating, it must always be broken, never cut, and certainly not bitten. Fruit should be served in abundance at breakfast whenever practicable. There is an old adage which declares that "fruit is gold in the morning, silver at noon, and lead at night".

Our weasther is getting worse and worse for the past 2weeks...we are expecting 6 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon and a 2nd storm is bringing another 12 inches of snow on Tuesday thru Wednesday....Yikes, I truly do dislike winter! Cold I can do, snow and ice I am not very good at dealing with!
ReplyDeleteHappy little houses Jennifer. We have been hot and humid but a lovely cooler night was certainly very welcome! I love the coasters and have several that were gifts...haven't attempted the "easy as" patterns yet lol!
ReplyDeletegreat to have a couple more houses.... it's always fun to fussy cut a special bit of fabric... I think the phrase that gets me is "from the get go"... I don't understand???? haha
ReplyDeleteHugz
Houses look happy. I especially like that one with the tall ornamental grasses planted in front.
ReplyDeleteLife has certainly changed over the past year...