Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Done is a good feeling

Probably bad grammar, but still a good feeling.  All 277 of those 2-1/2 inch green squares have been cut; cutting is my least favourite part of sewing, especially fiddly diddly cutting, but it's now all done.
Lots of different shades of green, and bits of a few other colours too.  The Cunning Plan is to use these as 'leaders and enders' when sewing the next row onto the house blocks, an idea which came to me in a blinding flash of brilliance as I was settling down to sleep last night.

This week's completed houses, a pastel flower house and a black and white (plus colour!) house.
Before the decision was made to use black and white fabrics for the next row there had already been some houses made using these colours, but they still fit into the neighbourhood.

Nary a stitch has been done this week on the Canadian blocks, not one, but now all the tedious business of cutting squares is done that will change - I have high hopes of progress being made during the coming days.  The cutting would have been finished a couple of days sooner had not my hip decided to give me grief.  It's all downhill from 25, you know.....

Much staying home has happened this week.  Unfortunately two appointments await me this week (one is to get the whingeing hip sorted, something which really needs to be done) which will necessitate wearing the dreaded mask, but as soon as possible it will be taken off again.  

Remember the old song 'Stormy weather'?  'Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky, stormy weather'......you'll be singing it all day now, won't you?  It has been a bit stormy lately with rain, thunder, you name it.  Yesterday's wind was nasty chilly and blowy so we stayed indoors;  fortunately today is milder although it's a long way from being hot - or even warm.  Yesterday Bianca forgot that she is quite geriatric and raced around the house like a mad thing so today she is recovering in front of the fire.  Children and animals seem to be affected by wind, back in my days of working in schools the staff used to dread windy days.

Perhaps later today if the fancy takes I might make a fruit slice as no baking has been done for a couple of weeks, but then again I might lose interest in the idea.  We'll see.  I have discovered the wonderful world of cooking videos on you tube - what a marvellous place it is with really interesting recipes, much better than watching cooking shows on T.V.  If you want to watch something really mesmerising check out 'how to tie dye'......the revealed fabric or shirt is quite something to see although I can't see me wearing rainbow spiral tie dyed clothing, that ship has long sailed.

"If a plate is handed to you at the table, keep it yourself instead of passing it to a neighbour.  If a dish is passed to you, serve yourself first, then pass it on."

That is probably a good idea.  If a plate is handed to you it is meant for your use, not someone else's.

Enjoy your days!

4 comments:

  1. I have been watching a lot of youtube videos on counted cross stitching lately. Had done a lot of it many, many years ago and just got back to it recently. Youtube is a wondrous thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with all the greens.... they will look great with those houses... sorry about the aches and pain hip.... somedays I feel I Just need a good oiling in all the joints.. like a squeaky door! there is so much on the internet and youtube... that's a majorly big rabbit hole!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on all that prep work on your greens....I hate cutting lol! Hope you get some relief for your painful hip xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't all those greens look like spring! We had quite the storm yesterday. Will send you photo and story.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!