Well, we made it......another year done and dusted! It will be interesting to see how it develops, won't it?
Did you all have a good Christmas? Ours was very quiet, just the two of us this time. Who knows what a year may bring?
As usual there will be no resolutions made in this house, but there will be hopes; hopes that a few projects will be closer to being finished by the end of the year than they currently are. That will do me.
A new project has been started, a gift from a friend in Canada.
This was a block from a 'shop hop' back in 2018. My music notes didn't fit on the lines without being too crowded, so one fell off. Which sometimes happens, as many musicians will tell you.Rather than using a dark brown or black for binding, this deep yellow from my stash will do nicely. There may be just enough.
The applique is fused to the background; stitching it down will be done as it is quilted. It will make a fun table topper.
The applique is fused to the background; stitching it down will be done as it is quilted. It will make a fun table topper.
Several diamonds have been cut, and quite a few joined. It's about time that the finished blocks were counted, although there are nowhere near enough made for a quilt top.....even a small one.
Words have been read. No stitches have been knitted as it's getting a bit warm to have wool on one's lap. No notes have been plinked, although that will change tomorrow as the uke group has a rehearsal for a gig in a couple of weeks.
Recently a women's clothing shop, one of an Aussie chain, closed its doors here as a stand-alone shop and moved into a 'mega outlet' shared with other brands. It's a brand I have been wearing for a long time as their clothes are suitable for those of us of the more mature years. However, I don't think I will bother with them again; before Christmas I was able to find crop denim pants (the style worn by the older woman when she doesn't feel comfortable wearing shorts in public any more) in deep blue. The same style in black - actually, a deep charcoal - would also be useful, I thought to myself, as my black pants are getting to the not-fit-to-wear-out-any-more stage....but alas, the black in my size was not to be had. Any more out the back, I asked the assistant.....oh, I don't know, she said with a shrug. A few days ago I called in again just on the off chance that luck might be on my side, but once again drew a blank. Blow it, I thought, so when we arrived home I ordered the very same black pants from their website. Yes, I will have to pay postage, but that will be offset by the much-reduced sale price.
I have never been much of an online shopper, but after being so disappointed by the alternative I can see the attraction.
Continuing on with Etiquette of the Street:
"Do not lack politeness.
Never hesitate in acts of politeness for fear they will not be recognized or returned. One cannot be too polite so long as he conforms to rules, while it is easy to lack politeness by neglect, to them. Besides, if courtesy is met by neglect or rebuff, it is not for the courteous person to feel mortification, but the boorish one; and so all lookers-on will regard the matter."
Politeness must be the oil with which the wheels of interraction with others are greased - yes?
Enjoy your days!

All the best for 2023.... which shop is closing up? I must say I do enjoy online shopping when I can... just so much easier if you know what you are wanting...
ReplyDeleteMay the year be good to you and yours...
Hugz
It was fun chatting with you and having you help me bring in 2023. We had a dusting of snow overnight and the temps are going to start dropping. I seldom shop online as I like to feel the fabric before buying. At least you knew what you will be getting. All the best in 2023!
ReplyDeleteI love your new project and the yellow looks perfect. I am afraid that I have become a cranky old lady annoyed by the increasing lack of interest by 12 year old sales assistants....especially when they greet you with....how can I help you lovely? Arrrggh! Glad you were able to get your pants eventually x
ReplyDeleteYour new project is great...I love the guitar with the notes, nice how the note falls off the line...sometimes in life that happens. However, getting up again is the order of the day :-)))
ReplyDeleteAll the best wishes to you for the new year. Hug of Viola
p.s. and yes, politeness and good tone go very well together.