A couple of years ago an idea popped into my head.....to make a quilt in the style of many wonderful 19th century quilts. Blocks right to the edge of the quilt, no borders, just binding to frame the edges. Since then I have been making six inch Flower Basket blocks, alternating white backgrounds and floral baskets with floral backgrounds and white baskets. So far 78 blocks have been made....that's not a lot, but it's a portable project rather than a "must finish urgently" project. I am enjoying the process so am in no hurry to have it finished.
It's also a well-travelled project as I have made blocks while on overseas holidays.
Here's my deep thought for the day:
While browsing in a shop window this morning I saw a book titled "The Complete Poodle". It set me thinking. Is there such a thing as an incomplete poodle?
THIS is an incredible quilt.... I just love it!!!! and welcome to blogland.... hope to see you around... lots!
ReplyDeleteLoving the quilt! So looking forward to doing some more complex quilts myself once my machine is back from the shop.
ReplyDelete