Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wombat of the Week - WOW!

No, this is not a wombat! Binky decided to sleep in a doll's four-poster bed that Kevin found by the road a couple of years ago. I plan to make a new quilt for it, and new bedding and curtains, then find a doll for it. It's in very good condition and I don't know why someone would throw it out.

This is the wombat that started off my collection. He's a chunky little feller who measures just under 5-1/2 in (about 14.5cm) from nose to tail. I found him in a plant nursery/tea shop in Tamworth several years ago, while visiting my mother. Alas, the nursery has gone....there is a McDonalds on the site now. Pity. The daffodil print fabric came out of my stash for the photograph but perhaps it should have been ironed first.

I don't know how many wombats I have, suffice it to say there are a lot. I have decided to feature a "Wombat of the Week" or WOW on my blog. I even have a wombat quilt....well, the top of a wombat quilt anyway.....wombat jewellery too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!