And it is needed too.....I have been quilting the hanging that had worked its way to the top of the UFO pile, there was a reason it had been languishing......my free-motion skills. Never mind, finished is better than perfect and it will pass the 10-foot rule (if you can stand 10 feet away and it doesn't look too bad, it has passed the test). 'Daybreak' is so evocative of the scenery we saw along the south east Alaskan coast - dark trees coming to the water's edge with occasionally a little cabin in a clearing. But we didn't see the bloke fishing from his jetty. I bought it at the Silver Thimble in Ketchikan, and I bought one of their big tote bags because I liked their logo of a little mouse wearing his thimble for a hat.
Went to a lovely quilt show yesterday and now am eagerly awaiting the phone call to tell me I have won their beautiful raffle quilt, the one with green star blocks.....not the blue one with Japanese fans although that was beautiful too.... but the green one, oh my. It is calling me from afar.
Enjoy what is left of the weekend.
Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!