..........you are the one....only you beneath the moon and under the sun......
I love old songs. Our theme last night at the music club was "Night and Day" - songs or poems about night, evening, twilight, noon, morning, whatever. It's surprising how many times these words come up in songs! "In the early morning rain" was one song I sang, "Walking after midnight" another. And tomorrow evening my choir has a gig, so lots of singing this weekend.
Before Easter I wrote about this rather gorgeous fabric. This week I ordered some Synthrapol and Retayne to treat the fabrics before I use them - it would be heartbreaking to make up a pretty Maple Leaf runner and have the colours run! That will be the next project I start, and of course there are some UFOs waiting in the cupboard, they will all have their turn in the sun eventually. Everything comes to those who wait.
On Wednesday I had my spa treatment and it was very luxurious. It's probably too little, too late (she says with tongue firmly planted in cheek) but it was nice to be pampered. A bit confronting though, as I had to strip and put on a thick towelling robe for the treatment....as the song says, I just don't look good naked anymore.......one of these days I will learn all the words to that song and perform it in public.......fully clothed.
Unfortunately too, I am becoming resigned to the fact that I am transmogrifying into my mother, a scary thought. My mother was one who "enjoyed ill health" as the saying goes, and I always vowed I would not be like her. Following a recent visit to the doctor, apparently I am at risk of developing some of the same physical symptoms. Age and genetics are taking their toll. Bummer. Double bummer.
But my mother could not sew or play guitar.
Enjoy your weekend.
Jennifer
HI I know how you feel about not wanting to be our mother. I like how you said she " enjoyed ill health " I'm going to use that comment from now on about my mom(If you don't mind)
ReplyDeleteGlad you like you pamper treatment.
The joys of aging....I hear ya!!!
ReplyDeleteWell just remember, no matter how old or how young, or how you look, we love you just the way you are :-)
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, its one of those things about time, it does funny things. Im only 30 and Im suffering effects. bumb ankle, sore back, sore hips, gray hair, wrinkles, digestional problems....but whatcha gonna do?
Your son even has to go to physio on Monday cause he sneezed and sent his back out of whack again. I will be home to help him get to physio.
I like your style!!
ReplyDeletehugsxx