It is 4th July here so if it isn't where you are, it soon will be.....so to my American friends, have a great day. We spent 4th July on American soil three years ago. We were lucky enough to be on a cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and spent 4th in Juneau, it's not a big town for a state capital and it's an interesting place. We spent some time watching their parade which was great fun and even scored some of the candy that was being thrown to the spectators.
I am having a coffee break from sewing, I am assembling blocks into tops to make quilts for victims of the bushfires earlier this year. The need is still there and quilts are still being distributed. But when I stopped sewing to load a new spool of thread - same colour as the old one, same brand, same everything - it kept catching under the bobbin area of the machine. So, like the good girl I am, I took the bobbin area apart, cleaned it, put it back together......and it still kept catching, three times I put it back together and it kept catching......so it and I are having a short break from each other while I have a coffee and perhaps even some chocolate; the Easter chocolate wombat still hasn't been eaten but its time is drawing nigh.
Perhaps My Lovely New Bernina (which will celebrate its tenth birthday next month) could visit the sewing machine spa while we are on holidays.
Enjoy your weekend.
Jennifer
Maybe it's the thread. I was told that by the Janome dealer. Check with a new bobbin.
ReplyDeleteI'm having coffee too...you are probably sleeping to the 5th as I write this...
How Bl**dy infuriating! I know that feeling. Walking away & taking a break is the only way to go.
ReplyDeletemy sewing machine (the older of the two) seems to like snapping cheap thread on a consistant basis. Im sure its not the tension...it just has expensive tastes. it seems to only like the dual duty thread.
ReplyDelete