Powerful things, words.
Today when listening to a radio concert I heard the announcer say "and here comes Soloist onto the platform with her shoulder-length greying hair"........her hair is going to affect how she plays piano?
Each Monday evening my journey to and from choir practice takes me past a salon with these words on the awning outside - "International Eyebrow Shaping Champion". Huh? Now I know there are some pretty whacky awards out there in this weird world of ours, but you must admit that's a doozy.
This post is decorated with a few more scenes of our trip to the Botanic Gardens last weekend; red kangaroo paws, yellow paper daisies (the petals crackle like paper and are quite sharp and spiky, although they don't look it) and a view of part of the gardens in the late afternoon with the sun shifting behind the hill. It's a lovely place.
One of my Pay It Forward gifts is finished but I won't show it yet, it will be delivered in person when we get to Canada. Only 16 days to go now, it will be wonderful to see our son again. We miss him heaps but we are glad he's happy.....even if he is finding happiness on the other side of the known universe.
Sydney today is very smokey and hazy from the burnoffs an hour or more away, I keep feeling as though I'm choking. I feel sorry for those folk who have breathing conditions like asthma. I'm staying indoors although the windows are open for fresh air - may have to close them soon as black clouds are building up, it's getting towards thunderstorm season.
The other day I cut out fabric to make a top for me but have run into a snag sewing the neck binding down, it has stretched to billy-oh and I am having fun unpicking (I refuse to say frogging, it irritates me) close twin needle stitching. However I shall persist as I want to try the pattern for fit. The fabric cost me $2 for three metres earlier this year, if the pattern works I have a top I can wear......if not, it hasn't cost much to find out. There are two tops plus leftovers in that piece of fabric, which makes it a good buy in my book.
The quotes from the etiquette book are exactly as written, punctuation and all. The writers were very fond of the comma.
"The Street Manners of a Lady.
The true lady walks the street, wrapped in a mantle of proper reserve, so impenetrable that insult and coarse familiarity shrink from her, while she, at the same time, carries with her a congenial atmosphere which attracts all, and puts all at their ease."
Yep......sounds just like me.......
Jennifer
yes, definitely you - easily recognized by your "mantle of proper reserve"
ReplyDeleteFunny! I guess the psychic 'Kick Me' sign was not yet invented back then!
ReplyDeleteLove your photos of Australia. You make me want to visit and want to sew. Aloha from Maui ♥ :)
ReplyDelete