Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

All Clear

Yesterday I received the "all is well" letter from the breast screen people......I hadn't heard anything ominous so I had already assumed that everything was OK. But it's always good to have it confirmed, isn't it? So that's that for another two years, thank goodness.

The re-knitted cardy is proceeding along quicker than I could have hoped, I didn't know I could knit so fast. It probably helps that every time I have a spare moment I try to knit a row or two.......left front is finished, right front is up to the neck shaping and nearly up to the armholes. And this time I put in a larger buttonhole because the wibby little one in the instructions wasn't wide enough for the gorgeous vintage button I bought. ($7 for one button!!! geez!!!!) My lovely new Addi needle is helping it go so speedily I'm sure. Good tools make any job easier.

And would you believe......not only are those lovely Canadians holding their craft festival just for me, a folk club near where we will be staying is having their monthly concert night while we will be there. Aren't they wonderful people!

A lovely smell is wafting through the house, beef curry is simmering away in the slow cooker. Haven't tried the recipe before; the other day I bought a book of slow cooker recipes and plan to make something from the book at least once a week. Yes, I know there are heaps of free recipes on the net but this is an Aussie book, so I know I will be able to get the ingredients easily - not always the case with recipes from other countries.

Father's Day tomorrow, our son and his girl are taking us out to lunch....I know it's Kevin's day but if it wasn't for me he probably wouldn't be a father, would he? So I get to go along too.

"Obedience"
If you would not have all your instructions and counsels ineffectual, teach your children to obey. Government in a family is the great safeguard of religion and morals, the support of order and the source of prosperity. Nothing has a greater tendency to bring a curse upon a family than the insubordination and disobedience of children, and there is no more painful and disgusting sight than an ungoverned child."

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. i'm all for obedient children ... or i WOULD BE if there were any in my life!

    that must be some fancy schmancy button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gald to hear all is OK. Is it your fathers day this weekend. O thats interesting news I like to learn this kind of stuff. have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good News - all Clear1

    May we see the very expensive button?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good about the screening. Dinner sounds yummy. And here's the thing: I think you are way too talented! Knitting, sewing, cooking! I'm just a one trick pony. But I am Canadian, so nice! :) Have a great Father's Day - I'm right with you on the taking advantage of that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like so many quilters are knitters too. Perhaps someday I should give it a try. Love the "Government of Children" - sure wish people would adopt that attitude so that when you go out you don't have to deal with the parents or their unruly kids antics. Your beef curry sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!