Since I posted a few days ago I have been knitting up a storm on the revised cardy and should have a new left front finished soon for size comparison. I have even shouted* myself a lovely new circular needle to make it easier. There were a couple of things I wasn't happy with anyway, so knitting it again will give me the chance to rectify these. (trying to be positive here)
*For those not fortunate enough to live in Aussieland, to 'shout' is to 'treat' - it's an expression that has been noted since the mid-1800s, as in 'he shouted me lunch', i.e. "he took me to a restaurant and treated me to lunch, for which he paid'.
Piecing my flower basket blocks is on the back burner at present. I am working on a Secret Project that I can't talk about, so I won't. And of course knitting is the priority at present
Five weeks tomorrow until we go to Canada........woo hoo.......while I don't particularly like flying I am prepared to get in a plane to go to the other side of the world, as the alternative is a very long swim. I'm not one of those folk who has a flying phobia, I just feel uneasy when I'm in a metal shell way way up there (points to sky), it's not my natural habitat. I'm Taurus, I like my feet firmly on the ground.
"Keeping Engagements.
Nothing is more rude than to make an engagement, be it of business or pleasure, and break it. If your memory is not sufficiently retentive to keep all the engagements you make, carry a little memorandum book and enter them there."
Have a lovely week.
Jennifer
What a kind gesture. I think the wombats are so cute.
ReplyDeleteIsn't that sweet? I am surprised that there is such a thing as a wombat in an embroidery machine. Great taste!
ReplyDeleteHaving been away for a week, I am catching up on your activities...By the time you get that sweater together it will be your summer and too hot to wear it! grinning here as someone says!
Hi Jennifer,
ReplyDeleteLove the wombats, love the sayings from the old book too - how true they are, and I for one do carry a calendar because sure as anything I will forget my name if I don't have something to remind me. Sounds like you are counting down for your exciting trip, I don't blame you. Hugs.
I love those little etiquette quotes. Sigh... if only the world was still so polite.
ReplyDeleteSorry to read of your unknitting, but glad you are making such fast progress in re knitting!