Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Home again

We arrived home last Thursday morning after a looong flight, it's good to be home but in yesterday's heat we wished we were back in Canada! Photos will follow in due course. Unfortunately I had only taken a few pics before I broke my left arm and sprained my right wrist, and found out that one needs two working hands to operate even a simple point-and-shoot digital camera. Never mind, Kevin took some lovely pics, the fall colours were so beautiful.

Highlights....it's difficult to say. Spending time with our son Doug and his lovely Sayward, meeting Rose Marie and her DH, and of course making the acquaintance of their kitties Hank and Ashes, and meeting up with Debra. The exhibition of vintage quilts at the Textile Museum was fascinating, and attending a quilt show in Ajax was interesting - it's always good to see what other quilters are doing. The Creativ Festival was fun, I was quite restrained really......just think what I could have done had I been intact.......

Places are all well and good, but it's people who really make a place. Everyone we met was so nice to us, from Deb who owned the suite where we stayed (Deb/Debbie/Debra is a popular Canadian name, it seems) whose lovely mum sent us home-made muffins to spoil us, to the staff at The Scarborough Hospital who looked after this rather shaken Aussie tourist who lost her footing on a rough patch of ground and fell over (Nurse Doreen in particular was wonderful), to the people at the folk club we attended where I won a CD in their raffle - when it was announced that the winner was visiting from Australia there was a round of applause, wasn't that great? Thank you too to the nice folk who have left comments on my blog when I posted about breaking my arm, I will reply as soon as I can.

I did indulge slightly as to fabric, yarn and books, as you will see in due course.

My Bernina machine is home again, and so is my lovely new overlocker although it is still in its box - will unpack it soon. When I am all mended again I will be able to have fun with it. Speaking of being mended, I have seen a local orthopedic specialist and he says my arm is healing well. It will be so good to have the cast removed and to be able to do things again......sew, knit, crochet, to practice spinning, and to play guitar. Our computer had some of its innards fried in a storm the day before we went to Canada and wasn't fixed until last night, so now I can read, do crosswords and spend time on the computer. And watch TV. And annoy Kevin........please can you help me with this, or that.......

Have a wonderful week.

Jennifer

8 comments:

  1. it is good to hear from you again ... and even better to know that you are home, safe and mostly sound!

    heal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jennifer, so glad you are home and on the mend. Have been checking your blog periodically to see if you had returned. Glad you still had a good time with friends and family. Look forward to seeing your loot and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, glad you are home and (sort of) in one piece. Try to enjoy your enforced relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are home safely! I've missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Jennifer, it's good to hear from you once again.
    Next time, you must come to the cottage to visit our wonderful north of Ontario. I had forgotten your trip was so close. And I was home for part of your trip, and you were practically next door!
    Don't complain of the heat, we had our first total frost morning here in Whitby. The grass and the roofs of the houses and the park behind our house is all frosted over this morning....We are also on daylight saving, so I await spring as I live in standard time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer it is so wonderful to see you posting. I will tell the staff at the General in fact I will print your post and send it to them that you were happy. So glad that your arm is healing well and soon you will be joining us in show and share.
    I loved meeting you and so grateful you shared some of your precious time...hugs and more hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that you broke your arm, but glad that it heals well. I hope you will soon be back to crafting. Until then, plan and stock up on supplies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. G;ad your home safe and sound and no other breaks to tell of. You poor dear - what a bummer to have happen on vacation. Can't wait to see all your pictures and purchases. Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!