Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Plastered Pinwheels

After trying several different designs in EQ6 I have decided to use this layout for my little blocks. The pinwheel blocks are 2-1/4in finished, so by using them in nine patch blocks they will look more important. This layout needs 125 pinwheels and I have 128. The blue and yellow border fabrics may not be the final choice, and the pinwheel blocks are made of lots of different blue and yellow fabrics - I did these in one fabric just to get the design finished. Would you believe that such little blocks will make a 61-3/4in finished quilt?

Now I had better get on and press the remaining pinwheel blocks. When I have a chance (it may be a little while yet before I can drive) I will go to a quilt shop and buy fabrics. Some white on white for the alternate blocks, setting triangles and first border to start with. Then perhaps a pretty yellow and blue print for the wide border, and blue for the narrow inner border, it depends on what's available at present.

Last night I was able to touch the tip of my left index finger to the tip of my thumb. That might seem like much to most of you, but it's more than I have been able to do for over six weeks!

"If by chance anything unpleasant is found in the food, such as a hair in the bread or a fly in the coffee, remove it without remark. Even though your own appetite be spoiled, it is well not to prejudice others."

Jennifer

8 comments:

  1. Jennifer!!! I absolutely adore this setting. Can't wait now. You taste is divine. :) I would think that since I happen to love everything about your design (fabric included).

    Finger calisthenics - yeah! I'm really glad to read of all the progress you're making. Its coming in leaps and bounds so I understand what BETTER GET ON means! You quick healer you. :)

    I'm feeling very proper today. I "remove it without remark."

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh - that IS lovely ... and your little pinwheels are lovely ... and your increasing dexterity is lovely ...... if there's a fly in MY coffee that just cost me $6 (which, by the way, would NEVER happen) i am NOT gonna remove it quietly and be the only one who is grossed out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,

    That will be an absolutely beautiful quilt. I like how you chose to use the little pinwheel blocks as part of a 9-patch.

    Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this will be delightful .... yellow and blues ..... right up my alley. I will have to figure out how to export a EQ design onto my blog. If you can do it, I can too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy I love the design of your pinwheel quilt, I can't wait to see it as you put it together or get it done, when every you decide to share. Congrats on touching your finger tips together. No easy thing after what you've gone through. Sometimes it helps strengthen things if you have some silly putty, and squeeze it between the two fingertips. I did that as an exercise after carpel tunnel surgery and it really helped. Just a thought for you. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popped over and read some of your entertaining entries. Love the quotes at the end--very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog. Love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pinwheel quilt! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!