Nice young physio bloke said yesterday he is pleased with my progress, to keep doing the exercises, and only go back to him if I feel it's necessary. While I was there I mentioned my left shoulder to him, it's been sore ever since I broke my arm, but I put that down to carrying the weight of two casts on my arm and to having restricted movement for a while. He checked it out and suggested I have an ultrasound done, as he thinks I may have torn a shoulder tendon when I fell - my left arm (the one which broke) ended up under my body, so I probably wrenched my shoulder at the same time. I still can't extend that arm out to have a stretch as it's too painful, and it also hurts if I put my arm behind my back. So it's worth checking out, but I'm a bit sad as I thought my arm was getting back to normal.
On the home front......we have contacted the agent we decided to go with, and he will come on Monday to start the paperwork to sell the house! Yay! Last time we did this was 1987 and things may have changed in that time. We certainly have.
Next sewing project will be to make a bag using the Thimbleberries Canadian fabrics I bought in Toronto - it was a "Twice The Charm" roll - and the Maple Greetings bag pattern from Hopscotch Quilt Shop, Alberta. The last few projects I have made have been for other people but this one is for me!
"The plan of reviving the old Saxon names has been adopted by some, and it has been claimed that the names of Edgar, Edwin, Arthur, Alfred, Ethel, Maud, Edith, Theresa, and many others of the Saxon names are pleasant sounding and strong, and a desirable contrast to the Fannies, Mamies, Minnies, Lizzies, Sadies, and other pretty diminutives which have taken the place of better sounding and stronger names."
My maternal grandmother was named Edith, and she was born in 1887 - just two years after the book from which this is taken was published. One of her sisters was named Ethel, and a brother was Alfred.
Have a great weekend!
Jennifer
Oh yuck to some of those names...I have Ethel in my middle name and I hate it. I was named after a grandmother but it's great compared to my other grandmother "Alphonsine". We should be grateful I suppose, as there are worse names than the ones we have.
ReplyDeleteI love that skirt! It will be so versatile, buy black, white, yellow ts and you are set.
Sorry about the shoulder, you will probably have arthritis there now. Another yuck!
Very exciting about the listing isn't it. Except that one has to keep the house spotless for the viewings...I had two dogs, had to remove them, finally got sick of vacuuming after 3 days! Fortunately it sold quickly and I could go back to my slovenly ways!
Wow, I love that skirt, it is really pretty and with the tops you talked about you'll be the belle of the ball. The placemats are really cool, I can see why she liked them so much. I'm so glad you like the giveaway stuff and I'm so thrilled that you won!! I hope they can help your shoulder without surgery and that it was just a heavy cast and holding your arm a certain way that caused it. I've had shoulder surgery, it's not fun, although it does get things working again with the help of therapy afterwards. Loved the old names. My great grandmother's name was Onie and my grandmothers name was Metha and I thank god every day that I didn't get named after one of them.
ReplyDeleteFUN and PRETTY things - and i LOVE your new skirt - and you can definitely wear some of your favorite lime green with it!
ReplyDeletei was lucky - my mother was gonna name me after my father and her father, but i was saved by a song!
It is very amusing how names change with the times. My Grandmother's sisters were Edith and Elizabeth Ann & Elizabeth Mary for twins!! We always wondered what her mother was thinking, though they were always known by their second names. My GM was Christiana, and she was not given a second name.
ReplyDeleteHope your arm checks out ok, torn tendons are no fun.