The sorting and packing is proceeding along somewhat slowly, but it is proceeding. Lots of children's books - our sons had a lot of books. They are going to the op shop (thrift shop for some of you) and I hope bring pleasure to other children who read them.
My shoulder is feeling a bit better since the cortisone injection a few days ago, and being pain-free is wonderful. It still gets sore occasionally, and I still have to be careful not to stretch it too hard, and the little man with the red-hot needle is still there but he's not stabbing me as often or as hard. I have to go back to the specialist in a few weeks, possibly for a repeat injection to get the inflammation down even further....we'll see how it is by then. And the hand and wrist are really doing well now, today is five months since my arm was broken. There are still a few limitations but many things are now do-able that I couldn't do a few months ago. One of these days I will have another go at driving the car, last time I tried it was too painful on my shoulder. The way people drive round here one needs to be alert, and one can't be alert if one is worried all the time about one's shoulder painfully hurting when one turns a corner.
Hopefully the people in our new town will be better drivers than Sydney drivers are. They are shockers here.
The applique design for the bag I am making is all traced onto fusible, now the next step is the fun step - choosing colours! so with a bit of luck I can choose a colour or two before I head off to choir practice later.
"If you have observed anything to the disadvantage of your friends, while partaking of their hospitality, it should never be mentioned, either while you are under their roof of afterwards. Speak only of what rebounds to their praise and credit. This feeling ought to be mutual between host and guest. Whatever good is observed in either may be commented upon, but the curtain of silence must be drawn over their facts."
So now I am going to play with fabric. Have a wonderful week!
Jennifer
I think this wee guy is my fav..soon he will have a new window sill to keep watch.
ReplyDeleteI would've loved to hear you play guitar. So happy you are able to get into your other love music!!
Take it easy do not want to stress what is now working especially with lifting any of those packed boxes...like books...
I am very excited for you and your great new adventure
Love the WOW. Thrilled that you played the guitar yesterday, even though the wrist and shoulder tired out, it's so great that you're back to your music. I don't envy you having to pack and take things to thrift shops, etc, it's difficult sometimes to know what to keep and what goes. And lets face it, packing is never fun. Hope you can drive again without pain. big hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteI like that little wombat...he is so cute...
ReplyDeleteI don't envy you packing - it is hard...
That little baby WOW is adorable. I see quilt patterns almost everywhere we go.
ReplyDeleteAre the drivers there worse than they are in Toronto? They are frighteningly bad downtown -- think nothing of going through a red light it seems.
I've not been reading blogs or doing much lately and missed this little guy on display! Pack them all up carefully.
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear that you are mending well. Cortisone shots aren't fun, but if it helps, well good. They can't keep doing it though.
I thought that floor was a quilt! Wow amazing tile work don't you agree?
I'm excited for your move. A whole new world is opening up for you. Lots of quilt shops in the area? Or do you shop online as I do sometimes.