Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

We have bought a house!

Well, all is moving along nicely. As of this morning the sign on our front lawn now has "Sold" in large red letters across it, and yesterday afternoon we signed the contract to buy our new house. We feel confident now that we can call it 'our' house. It's a great feeling. The woman buying this house gave us a few anxious moments in the past week, but all seems to be now sorted out.

So.....in just under two months we will be moving from a city of 5 million people to a town of just under 50,000, and a slower pace of life with less traffic and less big city stress. I am looking forward to meeting new friends, and perhaps renewing an acquaintance or two.

I realised this week that the house we are buying is on land that was used during World War II as an army camp. My father was one of the interstate soldiers stationed in that camp and my mother was a local girl.....so that's how I came to be. And now I will be living on the same land. The wheel has turned full circle. Isn't it a funny world?

The MRI scan of my shoulder this week showed that the tendon tear is not deep enough for surgery, so yesterday it was given a cortisone injection. It is feeling a little better today, and doesn't feel as though there is a little demon continually stabbing my shoulder with a sharp needle. If it is still sore in a month then it will have a double-dose cortisone injection to reduce the inflammation, and perhaps a bit of physio to help it along. Did you know that a tear in a tendon will never close again unless it is surgically fixed? I will take this little hole in my shoulder to my grave.

Meanwhile the making of Liz' bag is proceeding along. The background is all pieced and, if I do say so myself, is a true work of genius. Next step is to trace the applique onto fusible stuff and choose lovely bright colours for the flowers, including perhaps a little purple.

"The rule on which a host and hostess should act is to make their guests as much at ease as possible; that on which a visitor should act is to interfere as little as possible with the ordinary routine of the house."

Enjoy your weekend!

Jennifer

9 comments:

  1. Wahoo, glad you are in the "new home" zone.
    I remember looking at houses and the whole house was pink and purple. the kitchen was pink everything...so it was paint, pain, and more paint.
    Hope you like your new digs. It's fun to start a new life in a new town. did you have trouble finding a doctor? Before we move anywhere in Canada, we make sure we have a doctor who will take us old folks!
    To the grave eh? Well there are some things one can take, I never knew...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your home purchase! You just taught me something I did not know, about tendons...sure hope this shot helps you feel better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer,
    My husband had one shoulder surgery, which was successful and has had several cortisone shots over the years also very helpful,so I am sure you will be on the mend soon. Glad "your" purchase is looking more promising.The city we moved to is also about 60,000 a nice gentle pace of life. You will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news, Jennifer! What a fun project, a new house with new decorating ideas to plan. And so fantastic to hear that the shoulder doesn't require surgery...not fun, I'm here to tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Yes, & Yes!!! Oh I am so happy that "the house" became "your house"! I am so happy for you...

    That is interesting about that tear - I hsf no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHooo for you guys. Congratulations on the new house, selling the present house, and a non-surgical option for your shoulder, it's been a good week!! It's so awesome how it's all come together. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see pictures of the area and your new home. Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know that about tendons either. Hope yours is soon pain free.
    Well done with the house selling and buying. Not long to wait...a busy time for you. Don't you go lifting anything even slightly heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new home!! I hope the cortisone shot takes and you can just now work towards your move and new home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on your new home!

    Sydney must be huge! i just checked and the Denver Metro area is just a bit under 600,000 - more people than the rivers have water, that's for sure ... anywho, i'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!