Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Update on unpacking

Thank goodness for the local library, which is where I am again today! We haven't yet unpacked the computer modem and cables as we don't know which box they are in. Last week Kevin was packing all the computer'stuff', he turned away for a second......and when he turned back, the box he was using had been taken, filled with something else, sealed and stacked with the other boxes. (don't you just love blokes.....) The packers wrote the name of the room on the outside of boxes as they packed them, but not a description of the contents. Never mind, it will be found eventually; meanwhile each new box we unpack is a voyage of discovery.

This morning when we were having breakfast some kangaroos hopped out of the trees at the back of the reserve, so now we really know that we are in the country! The other day an Eastern Rosella - a lovely parrot with vivid red, green, blue colours - was ambling around on the grass just over our fence but the camera battery was flat, as I discovered when I tried to take a picture. Bummer. Hopefully it will like that piece of ground and come back. Meanwhile the kitties are looking wide-eyed at the reserve and the birds......I would love to see the look on their little faces if a kangaroo came close.......

Now I must go because my booking time is limited, but I will keep you updated as and when I can. And who knows, perhaps we will fnd the modem before too long!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I bet your place is just lovely. I know you will love it. We are country bumpkins here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing place you must live! I can't imagine seeing kangaroos and parrots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jennifer,so good to hear that all is well and unpacking is coming along. You're missed for sure. Can't wait to see pictures of all the wonderful things you are seeing at you new home. Sounds like the kitties faired well on their trip to their new city. Take care and drop a line when you can. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new home sounds lovely. I'm a little envious here in my small city flat. Have fun unpacking and I hope the modem turns up soon. Greetings from Sweden, where it is barely spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer: I actually looked up the area where you moved to and saw the reserve area. What a fun place to see wild life.
    I also saw this past week on the Animal Channel about wombats! Now how cool was that? They are also much bigger than I thought they would be.
    Unpack that computer. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!