Yesterday we found the box containing all the computer bits so we are now connected to the world again. That means I can keep up with my favourite blogs once more, I have missed you all.
We are slowly unpacking and deciding where things are to go. When the furniture was delivered we could only say "put that one here......and this one there" as we weren't sure what was going in which room. Now that we have been here for ten days we have more of an idea where shelf units and cupboards need to go. No doubt there will be a local handyman who can help two Olde Phartes organise their lovely new home.
My new sewing room has a window looking up the hill to the trees - no other houses in sight, just natural bush. We can see neighbouring houses when we are outside, but not when we are inside looking out.
The kitchen is unpacked and organised, and we have unpacked our clothes. So we have food to eat, and clothes to cover our nakedness! Today I unpacked my Singer Featherweight machine but I haven't yet come across My Lovely New Bernina, although the extension bed, cords and foot pedal were in the box with the Featherweight and sewing desk lamp. Every box unpacked is a voyage of discovery........haven't found my etiquette book either, so unfortunately there will be no quote today. The wombats that have been unpacked so far have already had their turn as wombats of the week, but don't worry - there are more still hiding in boxes. Unpacking and organising my sewing space will be a big job but one I am looking forward to doing, because then I will be able to sew again.
Have a lovely week, I am going to look in another box to see what is lurking!
Jennifer
Oh so much wonderful delight and now breakdown in sight!
ReplyDeleteWhat makes me feel sheer joy for you (aside from the pc hookup which really is a selfish thing since we can all be with you now), what makes me say "ahh how nice" is the view from the sewing room window. And thank god we can be fully dressed whilst attending to our dining needs. The new neighbors don't NEED that. Looking forward to some Wombating, too.
You have a lovely view.....and sounds like you still have alot of work ahead of you.....but soon you will be back running at your regular pace.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're back, Jennifer! Have missed your missives. Take it easy opening up the boxes...nothing says they all need to be opened, the contents put away, and the boxes shifted to the dust bin all in one day or even one week. Make sure you take time to relax and rejuvenate those energies, friend.
ReplyDeleteHere at the cottage my view is like yours, fabulous! At home in the winter, it is a basement full of tools.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy you have hook up. I'm happy you are back on line and I'm happy you are happy! How's that you wombat lover!
Reading this made me smile ..... you are home!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your bits and bobs are being found...that you are connected...and dressed....but did you mislead us? That view is none to rural? Looks suburban to me( a country girl ) Will you show us out the other windows and please tell us when you see the first real live wombat at your new home. ( unfortunately the only one I saw when in Oz a few years ago was dead on the side of the road in NSW )
ReplyDeleteare those PALM TREES?!? it looks downright tropical!
ReplyDeletea bus stop right across the street and an organized kitchen - you wouldn't want to trade places, would you? ha ha ha!
Congratulations on a successful move! It's hard work and very stressful - even if you want to move! Your view is fab and your sewing room sounds like I want it! Enjoy!
ReplyDeletewell done on finding the computer bits!! And that view looks wonderful, all those hills - and I bet the stars are just sitting on top of them each night!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome home girlie, xxxx
What an absolutely gorgeous view! Glad you're back online.
ReplyDeleteTake your time unpacking and putting away -- you don't want to aggravate your arm or your shoulder!
Wonderful that you are back on line - and that your are getting the house set up the way you want!
ReplyDeleteLove the view from your front door! How lovely that is...
Glad you are back - I've missed you.