They don't believe in overdoing things. Stress is not a word that come to mind here.
It's a lazy overcast day, when I summon up the energy I plan to keep sewing the binding down on the latest table runner, it's nearly finished. We're supposed to have rain today, but here it is after midday and we're still waiting for the drops to start falling.
Things are popping up in the garden and I have no idea what they are! Some leaves I thought might have belonged to jonquils but now I'm not sure - the neighbour's jonquils are flowering and we have none, so perhaps they are something else completely. The other day I noticed some dark green leaves which could be hyacinths poking through the ground, I hope they are, I love the scent of hyacinths. We thought of getting a local bloke to have a look at the garden as there are a few things we would like identified, and some things I would like to replace. It's best, if you can, to spend a full year in a new garden without doing too much, just wait and see what is there......but there are a few plants that I don't care for and wouldn't mind replacing. There is a large Murraya along the side fence, some folk just love Murraya....we don't happen to be two of them.....like all white flowered plants the flowers are very strongly scented, a bit too sickly sweet for our taste. It might be drastically pruned before it has a chance to flower. We have some roses too, I have never grown roses before and don't really know how to look after them.
"Visiting Costumes.
Visiting costumes, or those worn at a funeral or informal calls, are of richer material than walking suits. The bonnet is either simple of rich, according to the taste of the wearer. A jacket of velvet, or shawl, or fur-trimmed mantle are the concomitants of the carriage dress for winter. In summer all should be bright, cool, agreeable to wear and pleasant to look at."
Just as well no one is visiting here today, we are in our daggy at-home clothes. Not a pretty sight.
Have a lovely day!
Jennifer
Your cats are doing what cats do best -- curled up relaxing!
ReplyDeleteAre you into spring now? If plants are starting to grow, I imagine you are.
Your cats are doing what cats do best -- lounging about, relaxing!
ReplyDeleteIf you have plants starting to show already, is your cold weather now over?
There are days lately I wish I were a cat, curled up, snoozing on the sofa, no stresss, no worries. They are beautiful Jennifer.
ReplyDeleteI wish I were one of your cats these days Jennifer, curled up, snoozing on the couch, no stress, no worries. A fabulous life.
ReplyDeleteIt seems you have some floral mysteries in your garden. I too would not be too thrilled with Murraya. I don't like overpowering scents from anything.
Your cats are beautiful...
ReplyDeleteI, too, am in my grimy house clothes today - and don't want any company bopping in - trying to clean up the kitchen...and my desk.
I think I want to be one of your cats today. I feel just like them.
ReplyDeleteI envy your cats, they sleep so peacefully :-)
ReplyDeleteHave a nice week
Hugs
Rena
Oh the kitties are so cute. So funny that they won't snuggle up and with the chill and fall in the air you'd think they would. They can be so darn independent can't they.
ReplyDelete