Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Not a whole lot going on here.......

....the challenge quilt is temporarily put away, because I have been sitting on a charity quilt which I want to get done. Quilt top and fleece backing (no batting in this one) are laid out on the cutting table awaiting pins, but first it is coffee time. Oh, my.......I am not wonderful at machine quilting so I avoid it, but if I did more I would get better at it.......so here goes.

This week the postie delivered a wonderful surprise, all the way from Ohio! One of Cyndi's lovely Dotti bags, just for me - thank you Cyndi, you are terrific. Plus a lovely card and some fun Moda fabric mini charms. I already have a couple of ideas spinning around in my head for them......
The pretty lining fabric, isn't it something? I love it.
You know, if I were to choose my own fabrics I may not have chosen these - but I just love them. The bag has zipper pockets, and open pockets, and credit card pockets, and a long strap so I can carry it across my body and have my hands free. Since I broke my arm and damaged my shoulder I find carrying a large bag is uncomfortable and sometimes painful, so I have been using smaller bags and carrying less. Just how much do we need to cart around with us? Some of the currently popular bags (the ones with all the buckles and studs) are huge, and weigh a ton even when empty. Even my wallet is heavy, so I am thinking of paring it down too.

It's a dull cloudy day today, not terribly cold but not warm either. A good day to be inside sewing, even if it is machine quilting. Even the cats aren't much company - they are too busy sleeping. There is pasta sauce simmering away in the slow cooker for tonight's dinner.

Recently I started knitting myself a new cardigan, pics will follow in due course. It's a lovely deep teal and will be very useful when done. The pattern doesn't have ribbing along the bottom edge, it has six rows of moss stitch whitch has been curling up badly; hopefully it will fix itself when it's all made and sewn together. Most of my knitting gets done in front of TV, often with a cat on my lap - not always easy, let me say. Especially when it is Bianca The Beautiful (but slightly brainless), because she can't resist stretching out a paw to pat the yarn as it comes onto the needles.....then she has the hide to get indignant when I tip her off.

"If by chance anything unpleasant is found in the food, such as a hair in the bread or a fly in the coffee, remove it without remark. Even though your own appetite be spoiled, it is well not to prejudice others."

In other words, keep it to yourself because there may not be enough to share.

Enjoy your days!

6 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    Cool bag. Amazing bag. Love love love the lining fabric. Charity quilt sounds like a great idea to work on. Looking forward to hearing how that comes along, friend. Okay one thing about the knitting. I work with yarn. Cats love it but Jennifer - where is the picture of Bianca the Beautiful? Have I missed seeing her recently?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous bag, wonder if she sells her pattern. That is a great bag to take shopping, etc and not have the weight on your shoulder. Looking forward to seeing your cardigan. I haven't done any knitting except for dishclothes since my cancer surgery, need to get back to it, but it doens't appeal to me now that the weather is warming up. Stay warm and take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bag. I look forward to seeing your cat fur embellished cardigan. Cats love knitting don't they....when other are doing it I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jennifer! Just now catching up on computer time! I am so happy that you like your bag, and the fabrics. It's hard to chose a fabric for someone from across the miles, and I'm glad that those worked out for you. I thought they were really pretty!

    Enjoy using it, my sweet friend, and I'll be chatting with you soon! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    P.S. Know what my word verification word is? "Haredo"...and I can tell you, my "hairdo" is a big mess right now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I just tried to leave you a comment but it didn't take, so I'm trying again! I am really happy that you like your bag....and the fabrics I chose for you. It's a bit difficult choosing fabrics across the miles, but I thought those were really pretty and I'm glad that you do, too! Just enjoy using the bag, my friend! It was a pleasure making it for you!

    Good luck with knitting with a cat in your lap...Buster likes to sit in my lap when I'm trying to sew...he thinks pulling the thread out of the needle is a fun game! =^..^=

    Chat soon!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!