Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Doo doo dooooo, lookin' out my back door.......

Although we live in a country town we aren't right in the centre of it, we live on the northern edge with no neighbours over our back fence........except for these fellers.  While having lunch today I heard 'moo' which was then repeated a few times, and looked up to see the whole herd watching me through the back window.  There are more beasties but I couldn't get them all in the shot.  The white-faced feller seems quite interested in our rosemary bush!  This is crown land leased by a local bloke who sometimes has a few horses and/or cattle which are bought, fattened up then sold again.  At present we think there may be 16 in the herd, but they don't stand still long enough to be easily counted.  At times it can smell somewhat.....rural.....when we go outside, but it is still better than where we lived in the Big Smoke.
The hill is deceptively steep too - it doesn't seem like much in this pic, but believe me - it is steeper than it looks.

It's been a very long time since we had a Wombat of the Week (WOW), there can't be too many left which haven't been shown on the blog, but this one hasn't.  It's a bag screen printed on very nice quality linen, which our son and his GF (now fiancée) gave me last Christmas along with other goodies, and it gets used a lot.  Speaking of said couple, their package has been sent and when it has been received I will show a pic here.
Lately many blogs I have looked at have mentioned bloglovin', can someone please tell me what it is, what it is for and what does it do - preferably in words of no more than four letters and no longer than one syllable?  Their website is as clear as mud.

There are some changes in the air at the radio station, my program is being shifted to Sunday afternoons and will run for three hours instead of the current two.  Could be interesting......we'll see how it goes.

Last weekend's uke concert went well, we were applauded and people said nice things to and about us.  It has been uploaded to the interwebz and you should be able to see it here; I'm in the middle.  Now we are getting into even more advanced stuff, picking tunes instead of just strumming chords, starting with "Hey Jude".

I am trying to see where in my life I can fit in that shoulder operation, I suspect the day is getting closer when there won't be much choice but to have it fixed.  Next Tuesday I see my GP to start the ball rolling, she will no doubt suggest (yet another) ultrasound, then the next step after that will be to see the specialist.  Not looking forward to Going Under The Knife, but just the same it would be nice to have a shoulder which doesn't hurt.  Let that be a lesson to you.......don't have your hands in your pockets if you should happen to trip and fall, it was a tumble a few years ago which broke my arm and tore the tendon in my shoulder.

The other night at choir we were told what to wear for next month's concert and the women are asked to wear an ankle-length black skirt, if they have one.....and thanks to my recent time sewing I do, now!

"Promiscuous introduction. 
There is a large class of people who introduce friends and acquaintances to everybody they meet, whether at home or abroad, while walking or riding out.  Such promiscuous introductions are neither necessary, desirable, nor at all times agreeable."

I'm sure none of us would do that, would we?

Enjoy your days!




8 comments:

  1. haha... I thought it was polite to introduce people!
    so you are now world wide with your uke playing...well done and glad it is such fun...
    Bloglovin... I am not using it... It really depends how your read blogs... I used to use Google Reader (as opposed to going down the list on your side bar of your blog) Bloglovin does much the same ... I am using Feedly which is similar. I am not very tech savvy but I think that sums it up ....
    Hope all goes well at the dr...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great performance! What a lovely voice your singer has.
    It's no surprise your show is moving more to "prime time" and increasing in length- you really do a great job with it, and share so much interesting background on the songs and artists. You really do your homework each week. It may be the end of my listening however...as I think your Sunday afternoon translates to an ungodly hour in N.S. Will have to wait and see how that plays out.
    Good luck with your shoulder; won't it be great to be pain free again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four letters. Can't do it Jennifer, however......it's really just a place to list your blog and then you get all your blogs delivered to your email address. I did it so I can follow along and not miss the ones I really, really like and the ones people post it on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think being stared at by cows while eating is kind of nice myself. Much better than my usual lunchtime view of a car park from my office window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sight! That would have been, I think, quite delightful to see the cows gazing over at you as you had lunch. :-)
    Bloglovin' is one of the various replacements for Google Reader. I'm using Digg Reader and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i followed your link and it was blocked here - something about copyright - so i don't get to hear you play...

    sniff...

    as for cattle - ranchers around here say that's the smell of money - ha ha ha!!!

    hopefully you will be through it all before it gets too hot - surgery in the summer is no fun ... i guess it really isn't any fun no matter what the weather, huh? and i'll try to follow your advice about not falling down with my hands in my pockets - i already try to remember to not stick out my tongue while i'm driving because i've been told that it's possible to bite clear through it if another car should happen to hit the one i am in...

    just saying...

    i dunno anything about bloglovin' or any of the other readers - i can barely manage my blog list...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny to have the cows staring at you over the fence!! I don't know about bloglovin', so sorry I can't help you there.
    Enjoy your week,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you had quite a crowd at your house didn't you. Like you I'll take the rural smell over the big city congestion any day. Sorry about the shoulder, but I hope you can just get it done and out of the way sooner rather than later. It's not fun to be in pain. Can't wait to see what you made the son and his future wife!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!