Today is still hot, fortunately much milder than yesterday but still hot enough to make concentration difficult. Consequently the work on the wedding skirt has come to a halt, like everything else round here. When it's that hot one's brain doesn't work very well and it's easy to make mistakes.
This was taken on our recent holiday; the sun was a ball of intense red-orange, not the rather benign washed out pink it appears here. It was nowhere as hot as yesterday, either.
Anna the nice physiotherapist has explained to me that parts of the body which have been operated on can be sensitive for quite a while, which explains why my shoulder doesn't like hair or clothes resting on it. She has given me a couple of suggestion to desensitise it, which will be tried.
Would you believe, this morning I took a tumble in the kitchen......slipped on a drop of water on the tiled floor......my foot slid out from under me and down I went, all in slow motion.......landed on my bum (which fortunately is well padded), bumped my left elbow, and of course it's my left shoulder which is recovering from its operation so I hope no damage has been done. It all happened so slowly that perhaps I will be lucky; a quick hard fall would have been worse. The shoulder doesn't feel much different to yesterday, so hopefully that's a good sign nothing has been hurt - it's aching much the same as it has been, no better, no worse.
It was a much harder fall a few years ago which tore the shoulder, so let's hope it's not torn again. I don't fancy a repeat operation.
"Putting away furs for the summer.
When you are ready to put away furs and woollens, and want to guard against the depredations of moths, pack them securely in paper flour sacks and tie them up well. This is better than camphor or tobacco or snuff scattered among them in chests and drawers. Before putting your muffs away for the summer, twirl them by the cord at the ends, so that every hair will straighten. Put them in their boxes and paste a strip of paper where the lid fits on."
The very last thing on our minds yesterday was cold weather clothing, we were concentrating on how little could be worn while still maintaining decency.
Enjoy your days!
There is a saying here in the frozen north......at least we can dress for it. Be darned if you can dress and be comfortable in your temperatures Jennifer. I will take the cold over the heat.
ReplyDeleteI'll keep my fingers crossed that it breaks soon.
Nasty, awful heat for you guys! I hope today will be better for you!
ReplyDeleteyesterday was almost a record-breaker here, too - but only 60 degrees F ... today it is snowing like the skie think this is Alaska and the wind chill is fuh-reezingly worse ... and now that you've had the morning weather update - STOP FALLING DOWN!!! OR UP!!! STOP FALLING!!! i worry about you, you know...
ReplyDeleteThat sounds very unpleasant indeed! Other Oz bloggers are saying the same( or worse in Chooky's case )
ReplyDeleteDo anything you can to cool off ...where is the closest swimming pool? or dam? or creek...all dried up probably? Put your shirts in the freezer for half an hour before wearing that might cool you for all of 5 minutes.
I hope there are no on going repercussions from the tumble.
We don't realise how lucky we are with out temperatures.
I do hope the shoulder is okay... a fall would have given a fright even if not an injury!!
ReplyDeleteyou have been really really hot... our air con has been on constantly too but as you say it is worth it... don't do it often!
Hugz
Oh, Jennifer, I hope the shoulder isn't re-injured. Will keep good thoughts for you. We are expecting temps around minus 20 F by Monday morning....I am NOT looking forward to that. I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona so your temps of 113 degrees is the norm in the summer. All the same, not comfortable for any human being.
ReplyDeleteMuch as I dislike our cold winters, I think your temperatures would be altogether too much to bear! I hope it cools down soon for you.
ReplyDeleteAnd please, please don't fall anymore! I do hope that fall doesnt affect the healing of your shoulder.
Wow, that's hot! I hope that it cools off for you soon. I'm sorry to hear that you fell. Take care.
ReplyDeleteYep- those temps in your part of the world have certainly been impressive. Just a little further south we're having rain and temps in the low 20's! What is that about ?
ReplyDeleteHope the shoulder hasn't sustained any damage although I think you'd know if it wasnt quite right. Take it easy!
I am sure if you have been speaking to your son, you know that we have been living in the frozen North here in Canada. We hear on the news nightly about the heat in Australia and yes we are envious. Hubby goes for his Shoulder Replacement on Friday and I am scheduled to see my surgeon tomorrow about having my other hip replaced in March. Hubby is in so much pain with his shoulder he is almost looking forward to the surgery. We head to Toronto on Thursday to be there a day before. Hope you have not done any damage to your shoulder. Be more careful. I hope you are well otherwise
ReplyDelete