....because Plan A is not going to work. Yesterday I started the free motion quilting on the border of my Canadian quilt and made a complete hash of it, so it was unpicked. I do not recommend having to unpick free motion quilting as a fun activity, but it can be done while completely sober without too many naughty words.
Plan B is straight line quilting to match that already done in the sashing and inner border. The quilt is quite stiff due to the fusible appliqué, so straight lines will make it easier to control under the needle.
Sigh of relief, now that the decision is made. Now just need to find the time....the coming week has several things already happening, next weekend is looking possible.....
My quilt group was issued with a challenge earlier this year but I can't raise the enthusiasm for it, so I might let it pass. I already have enough projects on the go that I would rather expend my time and energy on. Since joining the group I haven't always participated in the annual challenge because some just haven't appealed to me....and after all, it's my time and energy, isn't it? So I get to decide how it's allotted.
We need pics. None were taken this week, so we'll dig into the picture vault.
On a hill behind our town we have a grandly-named Botanic Garden, and one day we went for a stroll to enjoy the flowers......this is a Grevillea with spiky leaves.
Hardenbergia, with its purple pea flowers.A view looking over the town from under the awning of the open-air Bush Chapel, where marriages and other celebrations are held.
A peaceful corner with its little waterfall.
It's a pleasant place, but we won't go there today because it's going to rain - again - we've had a bit lately, but memories of the drought are still fresh so we are thankful for any rain that falls.
Some diamonds have been cut, and some have been joined. Stitches have been knitted - the first sleeve is nearly finished. Words have been read. Time has drifted on.

The gig during the week went well, my jacket garnered several compliments, and my songs were enjoyed to judge by the comments I received afterward. I already knew several of the women present so we enjoyed catching up; it was a fun evening.
I am trying to work out how to change some of the things on my blog, font colours and things like that....I used to know, but over the years Blogger has made several changes and now I can't find out where to do it. Perhaps my brain is getting old....
Continuing on with General Rules for Balls:
"The sooner that we recover from the effects of the Puritanical idea that the clergyman should never be seen at balls, the better for all those who attend them. Where it is wrong for a clergyman to go, it is wrong for any member of his church to be seen."
Well, yes. This is true. A clergyman should be able to kick up his (or in these enlightened times, her) heels in a ball-room without being censured for it.
Enjoy your days!

Personally I like the look of line quilting (to me it is harder to do). Our quilt group also does challenges - I did one years ago and I think next year I might try again (too late for this years) My hardenbergia is doing its thing - just love the colour of them. My blog has been the same for ages.... basically because changes are in the 'too hard basket'.... i
ReplyDeleteHugz
let's cheer for alternate Plans - i believe i am currently on Plan W for the buffalo quilt - ha ha ha...
ReplyDeleteand, yes, you ARE the boss of you!!!
Your brain is not getting old. The staff at Google seem to need to prove they are doing something by changing the software. It is very much change for change sake, not to improve the "user experience".
ReplyDeleteI, too, love line quilting. Whether it's stitch-in-the-ditch or hashtag quilting, it appeals to my sense of organization - too many swirls make me twitch! That's just me, though. What's wrong with a clergyman or woman going to a ball? They, too, need some dancing in their lives. I need to get back to blogging regularlly....have been suffering from ennui at blogging for far too long. Time to gird my loins and get back to it!
ReplyDeleteI had never seen Hardenbergia until I travelled south...so pretty. What an annoyance to have lots of unpicking. I agree....I only do what floats my boat these days....and,something always does lol!
ReplyDelete