Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2024

The computer has been unwell

So, too, have I.

The computer spent several days in hospital having its innards poked and prodded before returning home.  It seems to be just hunky dory tickety-boo, now.  However, when I suggested earlier that it could get some photos from my camera's SD card it shook its head and said, nuh-huh.....and the computer hospital is closed now for the next couple of weeks.  

Fortunately my innards didn't need to be poked and prodded like the computer's did, it was a very nasty dose of sinus/hayfever with a non-stop cough.  While the cough is settling it hasn't left, but I have high hopes that it, too, will soon be healed.

Hence the radio silence last weekend.

With the SD card reader not working the pics taken earlier today cannot be uploaded, which is disappointing.  Take it from me, though - two trees started last week were finished this week.  Autumn Rhapsody has come home from Margaret quilter and looks great; sadly I have been in no position to start on making the label, hanging sleeve and binding....but that, too, will happen, hopefully before too long

We survived yesterday's summer solstice, and can now look forward to summer.  We have been having hot temps for some time now anyway, and more is forecast, but now the solstice is over I am telling myself -  every day that passes is a day closer to autumn.


A couple of Christmas pics to round out the post.  This is my collection of Christmas wombats, a small tree and my Jim Shore angel.


My collection of Canadian decorations, another small tree and even a sparkly red maple leaf.

So.....no matter where you are, and no matter what - if anything - you believe, best wishes for a time of love, and peace, and good health.

And chocolate.  Good quality dark chocolate.

Enjoy your Christmas days!

Jennifer

8 comments:

  1. Glad you made it out of hospital better than the computer! Merry Christmas to you as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are below par Jennifer and your computer also. Your displays are lovely and of course those wombats...too cute. Merry Christmas to you and Kevin and feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are running at full strength soon. There is nothing worse than feeling off colour, especially at this time of year. I’m glad your computer is playing better, if not perfectly. I’m sure it can be sorted. Love your little Christmas displays. Merry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be able to transfer pics from phone to laptop but some upgrade makes it so I can't work it out!! grrr..... I feel your frustration....

    Happy Christmas - I love your decor

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. The summer solstice brought thunder storms for us. Lovely to see your decorations. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I volunteer... chocolate - high-quality chocolate, I'm in :-)))
    Merry Christmas
    and best wishes.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finished grocery shopping in a snow storm. Had to clean the car off at each stop and by the time I was able to drive, I could have cleaned the windows of snow again.

    Hope you feel better soon. Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snow comment is from me.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!