Yesterday I revisited a quilt that has been a finished top for a few years, the wadding was purchased quite some time ago and the backing was joined all ready to be used. It now has a label and is lying on the floor in my 'other' sewing room (our older son's room when he was at home) waiting to be pinned, then I will quilt it. The wadding has been folded for so long that it needs to be laid out flat for a while before being pinned. Somehow the quilt size had grown in my mind to be huge, but it's 60in by 72in (152cm by 183cm) and I think I can manage to quilt that on my Bernina without too many problems. I even put '2008' on the label, so it has to be finished this year!
Well......back to the doctor this morning, I have been dreading these visits as my blood pressure has been high for a year now, so high at one point that I was in danger of having a stroke. But I got a good report today, although I have to keep taking the industrial-strength tablets. At least BP is now back down to a normal level so I don't have to go back for another six months. When I retire from work next year I think that may solve a few health problems, let's hope so anyway.
Very nice WOW...I had to try and think who else I knew who collected wombats. A girl I used to teach with. Not sure if she still collects them or not.
ReplyDeleteLove that Jacaranda....would be tempted to try one down here but I think a lilac is next. I had one here when we came but I think I overpruned it or something. It was not a fab. color so I did not mourn its loss but I would like one.
I spent $500+ on a frame for Wisteria and they have all died. one grew for 17 years with no flowers. I bought it from the nursery. Now the drought has killed it.
Glad you got a good medical report.
What a cute little guy!!! your pics are really great... and hope the dr give you good news.
ReplyDeletejust fyi for your WoW....I took a pic of the little guy you gave me, so you can add that to your collection of pictures of wombats :-)
ReplyDelete