Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

WOW Day

But first, something a little different. This is an embroidery from over 30 years ago that I made for my son's bedroom. The tiger is felt applique, and the tiger's features and stripes together with the garden flowers are all embroidered in wool. I still have - it's cute.
This week's wombat is a cross-stitch embroidery that I finished a few years ago. The shading on the wombat used many colours and took a while to do, however it was a holiday project that went with me to several places around NSW and Victoria. It was from an alphabet series of Australian animals and birds. When the embroidery was finished I framed it in an Aussie wildflower print, the same print in light and dark blue, then quilted it.

Good gracious, what a morning. The local shopping centre was fairly busy for a Monday. I managed to find a dark red top to replace one that I had to get rid of recently - it had a nasty accident in the washbasket with a ballpoint pen that had been left in a pocket (not my pocket, I hasten to add). It's not easy to find clothes that I like; the offerings in shops are lovely if one is 25 years old and built like a twig, but when one hits the dreaded Middle Age and is no longer skinny the choice isn't great. Thank goodness I can sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!