Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008

WOW half way through two very busy weeks

It's a busy time of year! Choir concerts - one last week, two this week, practice tonight. Folk club gigs - did one at the weekend. End of year functions and Christmas parties - still coming. And only 10 days to go until I retire from work. It will be with a sigh of relief.

This WOW is my first furry wombat, apologies for the slightly fuzzy photo but he wouldn't stay still.......kept wanting to get back inside his burrow. DH gave him to me several years ago, he is very cute. The wombat is too.

Tomorrow my baby turns 30, how can that be when I am only 29 and some months myself....sigh. I blame that big machine in Europe, because I am sure it makes time go backwards while it is splitting the atom or whatever it is doing. Doesn't seem like 30 years ago I was waddling around with three weeks still to go, but he was a little impatient and decided to pop out early. Happy birthday to him tomorrow, he lives on the far side of the known universe (actually Toronto, Canada) so if he wanted to he could start celebrating when tomorrow starts here and go on until it ends in Toronto; they are 15 hours behind us, so it could be a long birthday celebration.

Today I had a pleasant lunch with a friend who brought me souvenirs from a recent trip to Europe, very lovely silver earrings from France set with a local stone and a pretty bracelet from England, then we went fabric shopping. Even though we both have an obscene amount of fabric and we don't need any more we managed to find some that we couldn't live without. Mostly fabric for clothes because there were some good specials - I bought linen blends for pants in brown, yellow and green solids - and some blue knit for pjs - and some pretty gold paisley to make another quilted bag - and some lovely soft knitting yarn - and a couple of other things - I am going to be the best-dressed retired woman around. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!