Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

A lovely place to look at

Taken from the road between Lithgow and Mudgee, central west NSW, looking north-east-ish. The Aussie countryside is very much part of my heart.

What a lovely time we had last night! My folk club has its last meeting for the year, it was also our Christmas party. Lots more people than we usually have, and a good time seemed to be had by all. Even wading through the puddles for the occasional pit stop wasn't too bad, it rained all day so everything was rather soggy. At the start of this year I decided to perform a new song or poem each time the club met, and managed to keep to that - even sang a new one last night, 'Beautiful Star of Bethlehem', to finish the year. From the feedback I received others may try the same idea. I already have a new song for the first meeting of the new year.

After the continual heavy rain yesterday we have a hot dry wind today and it's about 15 degrees hotter, we can't believe the change! The wind is blowing dust in my eyes and they need some drops put in. And some chocolate would be good to go with the coffee that is waiting for me, pity blogger doesn't have smell-o-vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!