Today's picture is of an experiment I made a few years ago. I had the idea to make a new piece of fabric using crazy piecing, then to cut a shape from it. I chose an evergreen Christmas tree for the shape; every year when it is hung I plan to add beads for sparkle......and every year I forget........so after Christmas I will bead it before it is put away. It was also one of my first attempts at machine quilting on my Bernina, with swirling snow and stars in the background and snow furrows in the foreground. It is a very un-Australian tree, snow at Christmas is very rare here.
Best wishes to all, and I hope 2009 is a wonderful year for everyone.
Jennifer
Hi Jennifer, Love your design, what a great wall hanging, I love it and don't think it needs anything added - it's beautiful as is. Love the daisy pattern background too. I can't wait for spring and flowers, this snow and cold are really getting to me - guess that is what winter is all about though. Have a very happy new year!!
ReplyDelete