Pages

Monday, December 8, 2008

Triple WOW day

A trio of little wombats today, Christmas tree decorations that I have collected over the past few years.

The pretty Christmas Bush (Ceratopetalum gummiferum) in our front garden. Compared to many in the streets around here it is a light red; some others are very deep crimson. But they can be delicate to grow so we are lucky it has survived our care of 21 years.

We are all on the countdown to Christmas. This year we will have our older son Stephen The Drummer and his lovely girl Natasha with us for Christmas Day - the last few years have been just the two of us, so we have gone out for lunch at a restaurant. No preparation, no cooking and best of all no cleaning up afterwards! But it's not as good as having family around.

So....the house is slowly getting decorated, the tree hanging I made a few years ago is up, and others will follow. And best of all, I will be retired from work on Thursday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh... those little wombats are adorable!!! ..... hope the weather has settled down a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wombats and the Christmas Bush.
    Most of today has been dark and we have had a bit of rain with more to come in SA during the week, so I hope it doesn't get to Syndey in time to get you wet on your last day of work!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, so don't be shy!