I made this cushion several years ago, the kit was a gift. Not my usual colours but soft and pretty, and I agree with the sentiment; I have been told it's from a quote by Homer (the Greek bloke, not the Simpson one).Thanks to the lovely folk who have been so encouraging about my green quilt. Meggie asked if I was using my domestic, yes indeed. I am quilting it on My Lovely New Bernina Virtuosa 160 (which is now nearly ten years old), and it's doing a great job. I have been busy for the last few days so haven't gotten back to quilting the borders but it will be done soon. Today is not looking good either, but you never know. I am off to the shops soon to buy supper for the music club tonight - I don't mind being the supper shopper because I get to pick the chocolate biscuits and cake I like!
Today is Kevin's last day at work for ever. Tomorrow he will be a retired Olde Pharte like me. It will be strange having him around all the time, of course we have had holidays together but that's not the same, as holidays end and then we go back to work. And we will be sharing one car, because for some years now the car that Kevin drove belonged to the company for whom he worked. I bought my own little car in....oh, must have been late 1974, maybe early 1975......we have had two cars since then, except for when our sons were living at home when we had three or four cars in our driveway and on our front lawn. It did get crowded at times. Kevin plays lawn bowls every weekend which is almost sacred to him, but I pointed out that there might be times when I have something that is sacred to me too (like quilt guild, or a music club gig) and need the car to get there; public transport where we live isn't great, to say the least. Can't see me walking 20 minutes to the train station carrying a fairly heavy guitar in its case, and a music stand and guitar stand, then trudgeing up and down the station steps, changeing trains (more steps) and then walking home again. I would be too knackered to play a note by the time I arrived at the gig. Compromise will have to be the order of the day.
No doubt all will be well in the end.
Now I am off to the shops to buy cake for tonight, probably chocolate cake, because chocolate makes nearly everything seem right.
Jennifer
Hi Jennifer isn’t it nice to finish something. My sister told me I hope now that you have started quilting does this mean you don’t finish your scrap booking now. Then she said I hope that you won’t do this with your quilting start a quilt and not finish it. Well I won’t tell her that I have 5 tops done and they just need to be done. There sitting there waiting to be finished. Shhhhhhhh don’t tell her.
ReplyDeleteNow that your husband is retiring you will have more time to spend with your son in Canada.
Well I wish you both the best and you will get used to calling someone for a ride when your husband needs the car. LOL Have a nice day.
Hi Jennifer, Congrats to your hubby, retirement is a wonderful thing. My hubby and I are always busy and doing our own hobbies and thing (he's a gardener and has a glorious lawn) so it's funny how little we see each other when we're busy doing our own thing right at home. Hey if you want cake and you like to bake - check out my post on the white wine cake for something different. although you can never go wrong with chocolate.
ReplyDeleteMy DH retired 2 weeks ago and so far it has been nice having him home all the time. He did a phase-in retirement where he only worked 2 days a week for 2 yrs. and I have gotten used to him being at home now. When the weather is crappy, it is nice to just watch the nasty weather from inside with no worries of venturing out into the traffic.
ReplyDeleteYour green quilt is lovely and that is a great pattern for using up scraps.
I really like that pillow...very nice saying. Thank you for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeleteMy husband retired last May. The summer wasn't too bad, it seemed like a long vacation and he kept busy outside. But this winter was LONG! haha It really is a new experience...enjoy.
Im sure you and Kevin can sort out the car issue. Be thankful you guys dont have to take public transit all the time like we do. Sometimes yes, It is better than a car cause its cheaper, no traffic to deal with, you dont have to pay for parking, gas or insurance...but beleive me...there are times, especially going out of the city where I wish i had my licence and a car.
ReplyDelete